JK Tailgate Tables - The lowdown

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Thanks everyone.

Just ordered a bamboo Trailgator, can't wait to get it installed and test it out!

-Dan

crusaderJK

Adventurer
No rattle from my DIY table either. I've used hinges and double ball catches to mount the table to the tailgate.
As long as everything sits tight, theres no rattling to expect.

rubicon91

Explorer
I got my trailgator yesterday like I posted pics of. After install I noticed the left side didnt latch at all unless I picked up the bottom of the table on that side a little bit. Then it would latch. So not knowing what could be done as it makes no sense to ship it back as it is heavy I figured I would email Rebel and let them know. I sent a couple of pics and a short video just so they could see. Now let me tell you in less than 12 hours they sent an email and CC me on it to the President of Outback Adventures and in return he replied. They see what I am talking about and are sending me a brand new one along with a return shipper for the defective one on them. They are also shipping me the HDPE cutting board instead of another bamboo board and told me to keep both cutting boards as well. Great customer service and more than what I could have asked for in less than 12 hours so far. I know we see a lot of negative responses on companies and products when something happens and I wanted to write something that involved great customer service by both Rebel Offroad and Outback Adventures.

PCO6

Adventurer
Not for a JK but here is one I built for my TJ.

picture.php

picture.php

It hangs over the tailgate when needed - no drilling in to the tailgate itself.

picture.php

cobound

Adventurer
Our traveling has changed significantly since I first started looking at these so I never ended up getting one...low and behold, just happened to be surfing some classifieds yesterday and saw one locally...picking it up tomorrow, along w/ a Tuffy under seat concealed carry drawer...great deals. Can't wait to install and use...be there when I need it.

I'll give some feedback when I get it installed. It's been great rereading all the comments and feedback.

B

cobound

Adventurer
Unbelievably impressed, fast and easy install is an understatement! Can't wait to use it, might have to plan a short camping trip this weekend just to pop something in it...definitely do some tailgating at the kids next ballgame!!

Seriously, couldn't have taken 15 minutes to install!!

Solid, not a rattle! One thing I did discover, when closing, just be sure to have the cutting board centered...wondering why there wasn't a stop out in place, but reall no worry once you know it needs centering when latching shut.

B

OffRoadRef

My Outback Adventures Trailgater Review

So, my 2012 JKUR Daily Driver and Overland Expedition vehicle build continues. I recently picked up a couple of cool goodies, one of which is a tailgate table.

I saw this thread years ago, and it's been a huge help during the decision making process. Great job on pulling this all together in the initial post, and for everyone else's thoughts along the way. I must have gone back to this thread hundreds of times.

In the end, I went with the Outback Adventures Trailgater. Please check out the link to learn why: http://theoffroadreference.com/

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
what can I use to connect some wire cable to my gate and table? I have the 24" table, hinge and magnet to keep it in place while driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94