Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JK Tailgate Tables - The lowdown

Quote Originally Posted by Rancho View Post
    I went with the Off Road Evolution for my build, I saw an image of a guy standing on it in the shop and that was enough for me. Should have no problems with a bag of tools.
    Hard to beat at $0.52 a sq/in compared to the others (The RS-E didn't work for us since we wanted to put a pretty big stove on it), plus the fact that it's super heavy duty AND has a bottle opener!

Quote Originally Posted by jdzl View Post
    Hard to beat at $0.52 a sq/in compared to the others (The RS-E didn't work for us since we wanted to put a pretty big stove on it), plus the fact that it's super heavy duty AND has a bottle opener!
    Every Jeep has a built-in bottle opener - the door latch striker.
    Not as good as the ones on my Suzukis, but the Jeep's still works great.
    I really only drink from bottles at home though - cans on the trail. I don't like broken glass and all the noise of glass bottles rattling in the cooler on the trail.
    2010 JKUR 6MT
    Lifetime Tent Trailer

www.rubicon4wheeler.com

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconGeoff View Post
    Every Jeep has a built-in bottle opener - the door latch striker.
    Funny story about that one. I was attempting to show my buddy(brand new jeep owner) this trick. I pulled a bottle out of his cooler and attempted to use the tailgaite striker. The entire neck of the bottle broke off in my hand...didn't even crack the seal on the lid.
    2013 Jeep Rubicon unlimited
    www.northwestoverland.com

Quote Originally Posted by jdzl View Post
    Space is a premium, and I want one of these... How to choose???

I vote this one or which ever size fits the JK. I have the MPAC rack on my tailgate which is great for storage but sometimes I wish I had a table back there. The Vector appears to be the answer to both.

JK 2dr rubi Garage
    2000 F350 CC LWB 7.3 4x4
    2003 F550 6.0 4x4
    2006 R1
    2011 military style adventure trailer

To the OP, thanks for the rundown. I like the vector since it can be used in the stowed position for attaching things, but it looks like the 28" is no longer available. I was thinking of one of those for my trailer. Whelp, maybe a vector 22" for the JK and an RSE for the trailer!

My table doubles as a changing table for the next few months. One way to sell the purchase to the wife.

553074_4227423125094_1997511685_n.jpg
    KE5ZSJ
    2012 JKUR - The Build Begins -
    2001 7.3 Excursion - Sold -

^^^ Nice, reminds me of those stupid Foster's (only yanks drink that crap) beer commercials.....

say, "Man daycare" in an aussie accent. Would work better if you were manning the huggies and the little lady the camera.
    My lack of articulation is apparent in my suspension as well as my diction.

Haboob happens

'12 Unlimited Sport w/ poverty pack
    '13 Fiat Cinquecento
    Wenonah Kingfisher

Quote Originally Posted by 3jarrells View Post
    ^^^ Nice, reminds me of those stupid Foster's (only yanks drink that crap) beer commercials.....

say, "Man daycare" in an aussie accent. Would work better if you were manning the huggies and the little lady the camera.
    LOL.
    KE5ZSJ
    2012 JKUR - The Build Begins -
    2001 7.3 Excursion - Sold -

anyone tried the molle fold down table from ebay? http://www.ebay.com/itm/jk-tailgate-...#ht_500wt_1203

$100 seems like a pretty good deal.
    09 White JKUR-6 spd-4.56:1 gears-TF 2.5" lift with Speedbumps-JKS Trac Bars-RR skid plates-F&R Bumpers-winch-35" Falkens WP-SC flashpaq

Not a TJ, but the TJ's daddyHere is the table I built into my swing out tire carrier on my CJ.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast