Anyone contacts for builders / fabricators / dealers?

winnipegtibook

I've spent countless hours searching the forum and thank everyone for the awesome builds. Here's my dilemma, I need a cargo trailer that is just big enough to carry two bikes, kids bikes, camping gear, kitchen stuff etc for long-distance trips. Want everything "enclosed", as I am tired of worrying about bikes on roofracks.
We don't want / need a rooftop tent.

I have looked at builds (I don't weld), looked at conversions (not sure if I have the expertise to start cutting up a perfectly good new trailer). Curious to know if anyone is out there building something that would work? The "expedition trailers" seem to be a bit too low, height wise, for what I need.

My eyes are buggy from looking at countless posts.

Suggestions? Contacts?

winnipegtibook

I found his build, thanks so much. I am completely on the fence going tub-style (i.e. adventure trailer) / utility trailer build up versus cargo hauler conversion. I don't expect to sleep in it (in theory), but really like the idea of the self-contained kitchen, fridge etc. My issue with the Adventure-style is the tub is just too small.

Oh, so many ideas from all these talented folks (cowboy included)!

winnipegtibook

Hmmm, hard question to answer. I don't / can't drop 10 grand on it, but the Wells Fargo seems to be in the "range." However, I am kinda open to suggestions / price points. If this is something that I can use for years and years, and is well-built, well, then I am willing to bite the bullet.

m101a3

Observer
I don't know about "up there," but here in Georgia, we're blessed with a handful of enclosed trailer manufacturers, and 100's of dealers that'll happily sell you any dimension you want.
Price point: you can go by a dealer lot, and drive away with a 5x8 v-nose trailer for about $1,800 (ramp, side door, side vents, roof vent framed for AC).
You'd still have to finish the interior+windows, but it'd get you started. That's a "bottom of the line" trailer though. I'm expecting to pay about $2,500 for mine... if I ever get the M1101 sold! :)

winnipegtibook

I had a peek at the offload trailerz, thanks for this. I think my "idea" may be something between it and the wells cargo.

Too many great examples!

cowboy4x4

Explorer
winnipegtibook... I sent you a PM I have a totally different trailer "in the works/planning stage" right up your alley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior