Budget Xploder @ PINS edited w/ trailer pics

11b4v

Adventurer
Forgot to add. When you need tech help for your Exploder this site has much to offer

www.explorerforum.com/
The "Serious Explorations®" message board is your gateway to an extremely active community of Ford ...

Erik N

Adventurer
More pics of the Budget Xploder from 6/3-4. The fishing was terrible, I heard there was some sort of deep-sea upwelling come to shore, maybe that's why.

I am building a trailer to tow down the beach, it will have rod holders and a big tarp for shade. I plan to return to PINS in late June, the tides will be right for access again then.

Attachments

• IMG_3964.jpg
    IMG_3964.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3976.jpg
    IMG_3976.jpg
    526.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

theicecreampeople

Adventurer
kevin ,glad you are having fun in your rig ,love it ,dont need all that fancy stuff to have fun ....kudos to you ...we were there memorial weekend and were ready to fight the sand maxx traxx and all ..lol..we towed trailers to 15 mile ,we never had any issues in the sand .....just saw one truck stuck ,flew by our camp late at nite ,so pretty sure drinking plays a part of getting stuck ...lol...padre island 075.jpg i had two boys that wanted to play on the beach so i only went to 30mile the rest of the group went all the way down.....keep having fun in that 1600 rig ,,,,j

Erik N

Adventurer
Latest trip. My shade system for the trailer was destroyed by the wind, and took out a taillight in the process, so no pics of that.

My 14yo son got to drive for about 80 miles in the middle of nowhere, teaching him to operate a clutch.

Attachments

• IMG_3978.jpg
    IMG_3978.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3985.jpg
    IMG_3985.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3987.jpg
    IMG_3987.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3989.jpg
    IMG_3989.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 16

Erik N

Adventurer
Gotta build a kayak rack for the trailer next.

Attachments

• IMG_3995.jpg
    IMG_3995.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4003.jpg
    IMG_4003.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 14

Erik N

Adventurer
I am looking for a kayak to paddle out to the 4th gut. Anyone in TX want to sell one?

Attachments

• DSCN0018.jpg
    DSCN0018.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 8

Erik N

Adventurer
I was out at PINS again for a few days about 2 weeks ago, and left too late in the window. The tide came in pretty high, and the winds kicked up fierce onshore. That pushed the surf up into the dunes, where it pooled and then formed saltwater ruts as it ran back out to sea. I drove the Xploder thru 60 miles of that crap (only one way out!), it took around 7 hours just to hit pavement again. Imagine 18" deep channels filled with saltwater, over and over and over again. I truly beat the ******** out of the thing.

It made it thru, then made it back the 150 miles to San Antonio from there.

Various repairs needed to be made afterward, but the thing did the job.

Respect here, for the POS Xploder :smiley_drive:

BTW, Here is a bull red crappy pic:

DSCN0089.JPG

Last edited:

warrior1

pins in dec

Erik, do you have any experience with PINS in Dec. such as weather, mosquitoes, seaweed and tides. I am planning a trip to Big Shell the 2nd weekend of Dec and would be thankful of a heads up from past experience. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles