Thread: Series lll Bulkhead questions

Default Series lll Bulkhead questions

Good Morning,

I am looking at purchasing a 1972 Series III 88 Land Rover. The truck is sound mechanically, frame seems good. The issue is both footwells are rusted. I see that Rovers North has galvanized replacement sheet metal. I have owned a LWB Range Rover Classic previously as well as several vintage German cars. This will be my first Series. Any thoughts on the effort to repair these footwells and the approximate price.
    3 Pictures attatched

Thank you.

Go to the tech section on this web site and you'll see how its done. If you can weld its really not that difficult to replace foot wells. It gets more difficult when you get into the door posts so have a good poke around under the insulation and inspect the mounting feet carefully.

The RN repair panels are nice but I never could understand why they galvy plated a part that is expected to be welded.
    Last edited by greenmeanie; 04-26-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Added link.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie View Post
    The RN repair panels are nice but I never could understand why they galvy plated a part that is expected to be welded.
    After a couple wiffs of that pretty yellow smoke it makes, you're mind will be set free and you'll understand why...

http://www.yrm-metal-solutions.co.uk

here's another source from the UK...
    01 D2 RuffStuff housings ARB/Detroit, custom radius arms/ 4 link rear, 37" Creepy's, Ashcroft Under Drive, PSC hydro steering, Hellfire Hi Steer Knuckles...
    96 D1
    1983 110 RHD Pick up
    KF7EMF

Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by I Leak Oil View Post
    After a couple wiffs of that pretty yellow smoke it makes, you're mind will be set free and you'll understand why...
    Yes, it will send you to the great safari in the sky. Be carefull welding or cutting anything galvanized.