Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exploring Anza Borrego (my first back country drive journy)

Awsome report I felt like I was there with you. On your next trip ya gotta check out Fonts point!!
    O3 Tundra limited with ATTITUDE,extream outback compressor,Ham radios,Motorola XLT 5000 commerical VHF,UHF, lowband,800mgz radios with 100 watt pa system.Dual battries, ,KC daylighters,rock lights,RCD 6" lift,air chucks front and rear,tow truck jumper cables front and rear.CB radio for trail comm.Paramedic truma first aid kit,fire supression kit.09 horizon trailer,Warn 9000 winch. Helton heat exchanger,Lowrance chart plotter,David Clark head set for radios. KI6IGN.Baja design 30" light bar.

Tom,

Glad you chose Borrego. Sounds like you guys did just fine for your first real run. I agree with Borrego60; check out Fonts Point when you can. Especially during the sweet light of early morning or evening. And scratches on the truck are good!

Cliff

Ha ha, thanks guys. I just want to share and hopefully give other ideas like you all have done for me. I deffinately want to make Font's Point, it's one of my highlighted places to go. There is so much to see in that one park it's crazy. I can't help but feel good about the success of the trip, we saw so much and overcame a few challenges a long the way. Great confidence booster. I would really like to get on a trip with a group some time. I will likely be busy for a few months but come next year I plan on getting out on the trail as much as I can. Thanks again for the kind words and help!
    Stay Frosty,
    Tom

Looks like a fun trip,Thanks for sharing

Time to plan the next trip! Any ideas for a good So-Cal mountain trail. I'm aiming at the San Bernardino National Forrest. Also, may be doing a three week trip up to WA and back, looking for trails in some of the National Forrest along the way, or any where. Thanks. I will likely strart a thread for this once the planning gets more serious.
    Stay Frosty,
    Tom

Very nice write up on your trip. Looks like you guys had fun, and that is what it is all about.

Here is the route that we took on our trip to Anza Borrego. Next time I will make a greater effort to stay off paved roads. Except I may go to Julian for more pie!

Scan.jpg
    Stay Frosty,
    Tom

There's plenty of mountain trails to explore here in Southern California. Some of the most popular can be found in the Big Bear area.

A bit closer to home and one of my favorites is Santa Rosa Mountain and Toro Peak.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...010?highlight=

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ded?highlight=
    John
    1989 YJ
    2000 TJ

"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." -Edward Abbey

Thank you very much! We will be up there soon too I hope. I want to do two or three two night trips between now and July 30th. So I'll definately look into these trails as well. Thanks again!
    Stay Frosty,
    Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12