Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Axle question and your opinion.

Well folks. I did a little soul searching, and I decided to just regear the 10 bolt and stick with it for now. I would love to run a Dana 60 up there, but they are too expensive. I have to buy new tires as soon as I do the conversion since the 6 lugs have 15" wheels, and the 8 lugs have 16". With having to get the tires, and the lift, and paying for part of my wedding in a few months it would be too much money to drop right now. The one thing I need above all else so the future Mrs. will go with me in A/C. A/C doesn't matter to me, but to her it is vital. I thank everyone for all the help on the issue though!

you can run a 15" wheel on a 3/4-1 ton axle with the right back spacing or caliper grinding.
    http://wanderingwarringtons.blogspot.com/

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

^ This is true, but finding good tires in Load D & E doesn't work so well for 15" wheels. Plus he would have to buy 8 lug 15" wheels. So either way he would have to buy tires OR wheels. Kind of a wash really.

I already have 5 16" 8 lug wheels. I knew about the caliper grinding, but I can not for the life of me find 15" 8 lugs. If I could find some I would be on those like white on rice.

So I have been browsing the net for a few years, and every now and again I would find some 15" 8x6.5 wheels, but no new manufacture. Then I run my big mouth and in 10 minutes I find some new manufacture. Go figure...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12