Expeditions 7: Two Years Around the World on all Seven Continents.

grimbo

Explorer
Here is a picture of the sleeping configuration. We have custom bug screens for the windows. The key for me is the pad thickness and comfort. I have wide shoulders and am a side sleeper, so 3" minimum thickness for me, or I wake up with a backache.

View attachment 181334

Looking at the Nemo pads this weekend in the never ending search for a comfortable nights sleep

r3run33

Adventurer
hey krazytoy just read that entire link great job on the rig! beautiful you guys are so lucky out there to be able to find these vehicle with no rust! My 100 series LX that I have had new from oct 05 is getting really rusty from living here in the north east USA. Its a fact of life I guess living in this area I just wish they DOT used something else.

boozewz

Observer
Hey Scott, how do you rate the factory lockers on the trucks you're running on this trip? I am close to pulling the trigger on a double cab 79 LC and was wondering whether to go with factory lockers or get the rig stock and fit ARB air lockers afterwards.

Hope you can share some pros and cons between both.

Also, since you've driven the 76 Wagon as well, how does it compare with the 79 DC? (I'll be selling my 76 to get the 79 DC)

Cheers

David Harris

Expedition Leader
That site is looking really great. It's beautifully put together. Still a bit sparse on...well, everything, but what's there is gorgeously presented.

Have to say that is a nice looking website. Good model to go by. I haven't really followed E7 very closely other than the odd post here. Didn't realize that nearly all of the main drivers were members of Greg Miller's family. Everything's starting to make more sense now. . . Anyway bravo on the resources to do a lifetime of travel in only two years! I just finished watching The Long Way Around and that together with learning of Scott's original plan to do the trip on a motorcycle got me to thinking that Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman were probably no small inspiration, even the route, etc.

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Hey Scott, how do you rate the factory lockers on the trucks you're running on this trip? I am close to pulling the trigger on a double cab 79 LC and was wondering whether to go with factory lockers or get the rig stock and fit ARB air lockers afterwards.

Hope you can share some pros and cons between both.

If you can get it as a factory option, that would be my recommendation. Both systems have advantages and disadvantages.

E-Locker:
- Factory fitment and engineering
- Service at most dealerships
- Slow to engage and disengage

ARB:
- Robust case and internals
- Immediate engagement and disengagement
- More complex with seals, air lines and compressor

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
I've just found this and quickly looked at the Aussie section first. What I don't understand is why you guys did the first half of the trip mostly on the bitumen when you could have gone across the Plenty Hwy or the Simpson desert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke