Expeditions 7: Two Years Around the World on all Seven Continents.

Scott Brady

Founder
The vehicles are looking Arctic ready. Good work on the VDJ78. Do I see a move to "Adventure red" for the future vehicles post E7? That may be sacrilege!

Greg considered wrapping the Hilux, but it looked so good in the red that he stuck with the color. Plus, a bright red truck in the snow looks great and is easier to spot from the air if needed. I like the red, particularly with the grey-scale E7 badging.

Scott Brady

Founder
Final packing is complete and we are waiting for final word on the flight. We were bumped 24hrs due to weather, and are scheduled to leave tonight at around 11pm.

988338_10152398067318275_372860006_n.jpg

Greg and I spent a few hours packing the Hilux to the brim with gear. It was surprising, but the logistics director told us were were one of the lightest groups to go out. They said so many teams bring way too much stuff.

1410711_10152396203663275_2079278089_o.jpg

The truck, all loaded and staged for the Antonov. It was loaded last night and the aircraft is ready to role. We are extremely excited and it seems fitting that our flight would go out on Thanksgiving day. I am so thankful to Greg and the rest of the team, as well as Stephanie for being so understanding of my leaving through the holidays.

1459698_10152400519063275_550683144_n.jpg

Since we were bumped a day, we did a road trip to the Southernmost point on the African continent, Cape Agulhas. This is the geographic dividing point between the Atlantic and Indian Oceans.

Will try to make an update before the flight, but otherwise, updates will come into the Overland Journal Facebook page and as posts from Ray in this thread.

South!

concretejungle

Adventurer
Wow, what a huge feeling it must be?!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your group and good luck. We will all be patiently awaiting every update.

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Good luck gentlemen! Stay safe and we'll see you soon.

Cheers,

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
qu6emu7a.jpg
asehatag.jpg

A couple of quick shots: the first is the Hilux being loaded onto the transport and the other is unloading on the ice.

The team has made good progress, covering 1500 km in four days to reach the fuel drop at 83 degrees. They spent one night there and are continuing to the Pole.
I will post more as I hear.

Cheers

Ray

Willman

This trip will have some great camp fire stories that will outlast the wood supply....

Keep them coming Ray!

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
A couple of quick shots: the first is the Hilux being loaded onto the transport and the other is unloading on the ice.

The team has made good progress, covering 1500 km in four days to reach the fuel drop at 83 degrees. They spent one night there and are continuing to the Pole.
I will post more as I hear.

Cheers

Ray

Very COOL ;) :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles