Expeditions 7: Two Years Around the World on all Seven Continents.

r3run33

Adventurer
or the sunroof but not sure if those 70's have a sunroof; good luck with the australian logistics!!!! they are ruff

Scott Brady

Founder
Looking forward to what vehicle you will be adding to an already impressive fleet. I've just managed to get my hand on a good planning book for the CSR if you need any info, I'd be happy to help out.

Cheers,
P

Pierre. I will be in touch soon. We will likely need some help moving the trucks around. It would be good to say hello and share an adventure.

Scott Brady

Founder
It's been great following along on the adventure! You guys are truly living the dream to be taking on such a trip.

I posted a question in the comments on the main particle article about the Land Cruiser builds, but I doubt anyone checks that anymore, so I'll post it here.

The build thread is sparse on details, but from what I can gather, you guys have Espar coolant heaters and an Espar Digi-Stat in the trucks? I was under the impression that the Espar thermostats were only compatible with the forced air heaters? Could we get some more information on that?

Also, who makes those water tank filler caps you featured so prominently in the build thread?

Keep up the great work!

In a way, they are forced air, using the dash vents and the trucks HVAC fan. We run a remote t-stat about half-way down the interior space and it works perfect. There are essentially three separate coolant circuits heated by the Espar, all controlled by individual thermostats. The engine loop is on one (only set to 90F) and the dash and shower loop are both at 180F. Each circuit opens as needed.

Adventure Trailers sells that water tank filler. They installed all of those systems.

Landroverholic

Observer
Good luck with Australian logistics and customs. As long as the vehicles are very clean and all your paperwork is in order I'm sure it will all go to plan. Don't be surprised if you get a bill for steam cleaning anyway no matter how clean the vehicles. I suspect it will become mandatory for all vehicles entering Australia before too long.

Do you have a revised time frame/schedule for Australia? Is Tasmania still on the cards for around Christmas time? Hopefully some of you will make it here for a look around. Michele and I will be happy to help out in any way we can - and there are a few fun toys in the shed if you have some spare 'play time'!!! If you are around Melbourne at any time I might manage to organise some scenic flights. Drop me a PM.

Despite being a complete Landroverholic I have been really impressed with your set up in the TLCs. I may even be harbouring some plans in a Toyota direction for which I will hold Expeditions7 entirely responsible !!! ;-)

I read in The Overland Journal that in preliminary testing you had very vague feedback from the steering and the vehicles tended to wander a bit. Did you manage to improve the steering by lowering the front lift a little? The same problem plagued us in the Landrover through Russia really badly so I'll be intertested to know what if any improvements you managed to make.

Hope you are enjoying a bit of down time before the next leg of your trip begins.

Good luck and best wishes

Callum

GregInUtah

GregInUtah
E7 Videos

There are now a few short videos of E7 from our time in North America, Iceland, and Siberia posted on YouTube channel CSX3202. I hope you enjoy them.

GregInUtah

GregInUtah
A Sample Journal Entry from E7

Expeditions 7

July 29, 2012

As I fly home from the European leg of E7, I am smiling inside. I have been away from home for 20 days, all of them with Heidi, Josh, Oakley and Sabrina with me. We covered a lot of miles and saw a lot of neat things and had many wonderful experiences. We grew up, and we grew closer as a family.

We visited Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and the Czech Republic. We drove almost 4000 miles and ate a lot of seafood, pasta and gelato. We were able to spend meaningful time with Earl, Kim, my mom, and give Maryann experiences she's never had.

There were times Josh frustrated me more than ever before- we were at wit's end with each other more than once- but the last few days were wonderful and I felt very close to him and I think he felt close to me.

The trip was exactly what I hoped it would be, and more. We will be closer as a family because of it, and I'm sure we will never forget it. I hope it is typical of many more experiences like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne