Expeditions 7: Two Years Around the World on all Seven Continents.

Scott Brady

Founder
The Land Cruisers have just cleared customs in Brisbane and we are getting ready to head to Australia. I am really excited about this segment, especially getting into the desert. Australia is such a beautiful place and filled with friendly, helpful people. We have nearly 4,000 kms of dirt tracks planned, doing a big loop through the Tanami, Great Sandy, Gibson and Simpson Deserts.

Kurt and I will be in Brisbane all this week working on the trucks at ARB Cooper's Plains. Would love to say hello to anyone in the area, go have lunch, etc. Going to be fun to get Greg, Jeremiah, Kurt, Bruce and the rest of the team in the trucks and in the outback :)

We have learned a few interesting things with this leg, one of them being fuel storage. We have 180L in each truck, but will need closer to 300L each for the Canning Stock (including a fill at well 33), so we are going to use 50L drums. Greg noticed them when he was there racing the Outback Challenge a few years ago. Much cheaper than buying NATO cans and they are 50L (can be topped to nearly 60). Since we wont need so many cans for future segments, this is a quick and inexpensive way to carry a big volume of diesel (or whatever) and then leave them behind. They typically hold race fuel and are sold in all major cities in Australia. Kinda cool and could be helpful to other travelers looking at the same issue.

We contacted Mark Tierney:
Race Fuels Pty Ltd
racefuels.com.au
0419 511 517

photo (7).JPG

grimbo

Explorer
Have fun guys. Queensland has copped an absolute bucketing of rain over the past few months while out west has been pretty darn hot and a relatively dry wet season so you will get some interesting variety of conditions I reckon

Scott Brady

Founder
Have fun guys. Queensland has copped an absolute bucketing of rain over the past few months while out west has been pretty darn hot and a relatively dry wet season so you will get some interesting variety of conditions I reckon

We are hoping the west stays pretty dry, at least for April ;). So far, the CSR conditions are reported as pretty good, but a big dump could change all that. . . such is the nature of adventure!

richjeeps

Eagle
I lived in "The Alice" for a couple of years and crossed the Simpson, GVD and made it the tropical run up to Cape York. I look forward to the reports of this trip.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Enjoy the preparations fellas. ARB Coopers Plains is a top notch outfit. Spent some time and lots of money there getting the old 80 up to scratch.
Cheers,
P

Scott Brady

Founder
Enjoy the preparations fellas. ARB Coopers Plains is a top notch outfit. Spent some time and lots of money there getting the old 80 up to scratch.
Cheers,
P

Pierre,

It was great to see you again and spend the day in Brisbane. Thanks so much for the help and support!

desmocruiser

Observer
We are hoping the west stays pretty dry, at least for April ;). So far, the CSR conditions are reported as pretty good, but a big dump could change all that. . . such is the nature of adventure!

Or sometimes the adventure of nature! Best of times, travels and safety to all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles