Expeditions 7: Two Years Around the World on all Seven Continents.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
What an amazing experience, hard work, long days in the seat, beat roads and wild truck drivers... and I loved every minute of it. I'm working on a writeup of my experience along the expedition, hope to have it done over the weekend. It will pale in comparison to the professional stuff in the works for Overland Journal and beyond but I like to drive cruiser and turn wrenches, I'm just about worthless behindd a camera ;)

mph

Expedition Leader
Congrats Kurt! Gotta take advantage when opportunity knocks...good for u!

What an amazing experience, hard work, long days in the seat, beat roads and wild truck drivers... and I loved every minute of it. I'm working on a writeup of my experience along the expedition, hope to have it done over the weekend. It will pale in comparison to the professional stuff in the works for Overland Journal and beyond but I like to drive cruiser and turn wrenches, I'm just about worthless behindd a camera ;)

TangoBlue

American Adventurist

Awesome... looking forward to chronicles from our "everyman" behind the wheel.

Scott Brady

Founder
Clay Croft at the 'Pole of Cold', considered the coldest landmass point in the Northern Hemisphere with a record of -72.1 C.

384453_10151423810558275_438348897_n.jpg

We backed the truck to the water of the North Pacific, having driven completely around the world over 40,000 kms.

467786_10151424538168275_1419915732_o.jpg

The city of Magadan. One of my favorites in Russia.

267124_10151423323033275_105033593_o.jpg

The Mask of Sorrow, honoring the political prisoners who lost their lives constructing the Road of Bones.

223189_10151422024383275_1215231259_n.jpg

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Cool looking Monument, dig the updates.

I enjoyed looking at the way you guys set up the interiors of these trucks at overland expo, how is it working out after so many miles and hours. Have the locals been welcoming?

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Breaking news - Canning Stock Route Permit Change

Expeditions 7 team, heads up!

On 30th September 2012, there was a change to the way the permits are issued for the Canning Stock Route. The permits were previously issued by the Four Wheel Drive Australia however the traditional owners have raised concerns about protection of their native title rights and areas of cultural significance. The permits are now going to be issued via Kuju Wangka. Not sure if this affects permits that have been issued already (i.e. retroactive). Given that the permits are issued once a month and are valid for a one month period, you probably have your permit in hand...:sombrero:

I've just had a quick read on the Four Wheel Drive Australia website home page and it looks like they have been requested to continue management of the permits. Not sure if this is to allow for a transition period.

Other good information here: Four Wheel Drive Australia.

Safe packing and transit!

Cheers,
P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94