Quick trip to western North and South Carolina

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Got out to Jocasse Gorge today because of this thread...great place to explore.

My first water crossing in my Jeep....it was maybe 3", but hey it is a stream. Can only get bigger from here...

i-VqWSVTN-L.jpg

i-TvmhSr4-L.jpg

View from Overlook...

i-vNCRc7V-L.jpg

i-r3b7FKx-L.jpg

A happy dog...she was so happy she puked like 2 minutes after this....

i-4CRxskd-L.jpg

97tjguzzy

Explorer
great trip report, hope you can make it back to the area again sometime, there are plenty of trails left to see!

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I did say "I could only ride half of it." That loop was recommended by a ton of people.... just not my cup of tea. But I agree, I have ridden with a ton of people that would clean it like a dinner plate! I will be back out that way to ride again, now that I know know what to ask, I will visit Sycamore Cycles in Brevard and ask for their advice again. (ps that were a cool shop and very helpful, it's nice to see a LBS with lots of high end stuff.)

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
great trip report, hope you can make it back to the area again sometime, there are plenty of trails left to see!

Thanks again for your help! Sorry I missed your event in Columbia, I hope it went well! I plan to be out there again soon. I think I am racing in Clemson in June...I also plan to revisit the area in the fall!

Ronman737

Very cool! I have an 03 rad red taco just like yours! Id love to check that bootleg road out one day. Perhaps in the fall with the leaves turned. I am very familiar with the trails just to the east of jocassee ie. table rock, caesars head and jones gap if you are ever in the area again.

NCtrail4R

Adventurer
Great report and great pics. I know this is older post, but just found it and plan to go check it out. I used to have the same Karate Monkey - great ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles