Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
How about this gem, which I found in Portland on Friday:

flask.jpg

Yes, that's a flask belt buckle. :coffeedrink:

- Andy

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Walmart had a plastic flask in the camping section; the flask(s) fit in the Cabelas ammo boxes that we use for food dry storage.

Thanks everyone . I am going to use the two that I found that are stainless . They both hold 750ml so that should be plenty for a couple of drinks each . I will try to pick up one or two more in diffrent colors so I can organize them better .

EOE4x4

Observer
My favorite was a trip to a methodist mission in the mountains a few years ago. Wanted to bring a little bourbon, but didn't want to offend our hosts who graciously let us stay for free. Answer to dilemma: a Pirates of the Caribbean aluminum water bottle from Walmart. Who's gonna notice a kids water bottle?? Simple, cheap, effective. And after my son was born, he confiscated it :(

Cee-Jay

Sasquatch
If the concern is about weight and durability, there are a handful of vintners using aluminum bottles now. Flasq is one producer and Jean-Charles Boisset has bottled in the past using both plastic and aluminum. Also, Coppola wines was offering product in small cans a few years ago… don't know if they are still around.
Some spirits manufacturers are also experimenting with alternatives to glass, like this Scotch in a can. In my opinion, Scotch in a can = awesome. :)

If the main concern is keeping a low profile, I've always been fine using lidded plastic mugs and simply taking care to pour discretely (in the car, for example), but I suppose transporting the spirits in any number of reusable containers would work fine and might be more convenient. Those bottles from Target seem like a good idea, as long as they don't leak. One thing though, I think that most plastics will be corroded by high proof liquors… probably not a big deal for a long weekend but I wouldn't leave spirits in them for an extended period of time.

Last edited:
Ended up going with some Sub Zero brand Stainless Steel bottles they just happen to be 750Ml got 3 total so I can carry more that one flavor . The two biggest reasons are low profile and durability. Thank you all for all of the Info

Cee-Jay

Sasquatch
Are they this kind?subzero.jpg

I'd love to hear how they hold up for you, in particular how the cap performs (if it stats to leak after a while) and if you have any rust problems.

Best of luck!

taugust

Adventurer
One thing though, I think that most plastics will be corroded by high proof liquors… probably not a big deal for a long weekend but I wouldn't leave spirits in them for an extended period of time.

I don't think this should be a concern. My 1.75 L Seagrams VO comes in plastic. Also, I have 91% rubbing alcohol that came in a plastic bottle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles