How to carry spirits

Cee-Jay

Sasquatch
I don't think this should be a concern. My 1.75 L Seagrams VO comes in plastic. Also, I have 91% rubbing alcohol that came in a plastic bottle.

Good point... rubbing alcohol is sometimes as much as 99% alcohol content and it just about always seems to be in plastic bottles, as you pointed out. So perhaps a) alcohol does not damage plastic, b) it only damages certain types of plastic, c) it damages plastic but it takes a really, really long time, or e) some other answer.

Cee-Jay yes they are similar to the ones that you have the picture of ,the only difference is the cap that Mine have actually have a pour spout on them .

JohnnyS

Explorer
Between stainless steel, aluminum, and a nalgene; is there a consensus which would be for transporting wine?

Ramjet

Explorer
Snow Peak

I carry this on cold days in the Backcountry. Enough for me and one for the Fallen.

IMG_0488.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
kru-82-vodka.jpg

I am still using the 1.75 one of these with no issues. I did modify it by adding a big Overland Journal sticker. :ylsmoke:

GrizAdams

Between stainless steel, aluminum, and a nalgene; is there a consensus which would be for transporting wine?

I know very little about wine, and even less about how to transport it.

Having said that, Platypus (you may also want to take a look on REI's website) makes a dedicated container for transporting wine.

PlatyPreserve

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I know very little about wine, and even less about how to transport it.

Having said that, Platypus (you may also want to take a look on REI's website) makes a dedicated container for transporting wine.

PlatyPreserve

I have a few of the Platypus kicking around here, as you drink you remove the air which spoils the wine, so it s a win win situation

D

Deleted member 48574

I have a few of the Platypus kicking around here, as you drink you remove the air which spoils the wine, so it s a win win situation

Another vote for Platypus.

I got into them before I had a 4WD and my adventures were mostly on foot. It was nice that when you were done with the wine, the container hardly took up any space at all in the pack. Now that I'm in a Wrangler JK 2 door...well I have the exact same problem :D:p So, being able to compress empty containers down is a nice feature.

Never had a leak or an issue with any of my Platypus stuff.

Regards
Craig

lamontagne

Adventurer
I'm a little late to this party, but heres my $.02....

French rabbit winery...http://www.frenchrabbit.com/home.html

I found this looking for something I could carry backpacking, so the same principles apply (light, non-breakable, collapsable). They have 1 liter, .75 and .5 liter, bio-degradeable "Tetra-Pac" containers.
The wine is quite tasty too!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles