How to carry spirits

grizzlyj

Tea pot tester
French (?) surplus? Nice pouring lip, little container, hooks into the mouth for dessicant when empty I'm assuming. Not used it yet, 5 litres is a lot to put in to discover the lining is well past its best! :)

And as far as Platy Preserve goes, I think the wine specific thing is the same as the rest apart from colour, so go for the 3l version! :)

Attachments

• PC100383.jpg
    PC100383.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 81
  • PC100386.jpg
    PC100386.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 78

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I saw these recently online and from what I can tell they are for real, not just one of those you-want-you-lose types of things. Basically they are just little 1.5 ounce shots of liquor in a little disposable container. I think it would be awesome if there was any way to sell these from gumball machines.

pocket-shots-2.jpg

edit: Here is the website http://www.pocketshot.net/

Last edited:

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
You officially can buy them online. I'm thinking a packet or two would be nice to keep in my pack on hikes to enjoy by nice waterfalls or after submitting a new peak or something.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
We are wine people. We buy the better box wines (about $20/box) and yank the bags out of the boxes. Good stuff and travels excellently. Black box, Bota, Wine cube, etc.

Also handy to keep in the fridge at home for when you only want a glass or two or need some for cooking.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Fuji water bottles

I use them as my main transport for the Evercear that is my backpacking stove fuel. Bonus is that you can delude it 50% and have a rough vodka base for mixing to, er, dispose of excess fuel. I have never noticed any degradation of the plastic or any plastic flavors. I use it for all spirits types on river trips. The bottles are square, so they stash nicely and cost about a buck.

wcdu

Observer
I have always wondered about box wines. met a guy once who swore by white wine in a box. I am not a real wine snob tending towards cabs and malbecs. Any recommendation for a good box red wine.

thanks, wcdu

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
I have always wondered about box wines. met a guy once who swore by white wine in a box. I am not a real wine snob tending towards cabs and malbecs. Any recommendation for a good box red wine.

thanks, wcdu

Check out David Hill Winery out of Forest Grove, Oregon.

http://www.davidhillwinery.com

They offer their Farmhouse Red blend in a box, which contains four bottles. It's high-quality red wine from Oregon that comes in an easy-to-transport box. (It's what we brought to the Overland Rallies & Workshops in WA last year.) I don't believe they have the box on their site, and I know they sell out of them pretty quickly, but it's good stuff.

- Andy

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
So, your saying skip the shooters and go to a cool whip container :coffeedrink:

We find it convenient to carry our gelatinized drinks as large chunks wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in rectangular Tupperware containers. Cut into serving sizes pieces in camp to maximize freshness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online