How to carry spirits

Like most when it is cold out I like to have a nip in the evenings . Glass bottles are something I not big on carrying and is not very desecrate, but a standard flask is not big enough . Just wondering what everybody uses .

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
My wife picked up some aluminum bottles at Target that we use to carry spirits. I think they hold about a liter or so.

I think these are the ones:

13808904.jpg

On a longer trip we'll usually bring a few different varieties, and the colors help tell them apart.

Well actually .... even if it's short trip we are well stocked.

EdwardBernal

Adventurer
Yep - 1 liter aluminum bottles....cept in places where alcohol is prohibited.Then its grey goose in a poland spring water bottle :friday:

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
These work really good & they come prefilled w/ vodka. I reuse them to carry my Jameson or Bushmills too. :D

kru-82-vodka.jpg

Last edited:

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
I bought 4 of the Platypus reservoirs almost 3-years ago and they're used all the time for wine and liquor. No flavor is imparted to even higher alcohol content liquor, very light and compact way to store either and keeps oxygen effect to an absolute minimum if you squeeze the air out (easy). Oh yeah: They're nearly indestructible.

http://www.amazon.com/Platypus-Platy-Preserve-Preserver-800ml/dp/B001G7QUWI

Yeah these look cool! Somebody at CFW this past winter had one of these that was flask size & it was sweet!

brianwj

Observer
I was looking at some BBQ sauce in the grocery store today and it was packaged in a container that looked just like those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles