Pretty amazing Hummer trailer

06 h3

Observer
Hey, i'm chris...got an 06 H3 and am from H4O.

I wheel with serge all the time. He pushes his truck to the limit. He does everything from rocks to mud and while it is big and heavy he has done some good trails. Like john bull and 2N17X along with alot of so cal trails. He is doing 1 ton axles next.

Here he is in gorman on the mud pit that has swallowed countless jeeps, samis, trucks and toyotas. Im the guy pulling out the samari.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdnYQ2NiafM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Woods

Explorer
Cool vid.

Glad to see he takes the steps off to wheel.

I wheel with serge all the time. He pushes his truck to the limit. He does everything from rocks to mud and while it is big and heavy he has done some good trails. Like john bull and 2N17X along with alot of so cal trails. He is doing 1 ton axles next.

Here he is in gorman on the mud pit that has swallowed countless jeeps, samis, trucks and toyotas. Im the guy pulling out the samari.

teotwaki

Excelsior!

Please ask Serge to add more to his trailer build thread: build photos, design philosophy and of course action photos hauling it out to his favorite SoCal sites.

toymaster

Explorer
I'll disagree about the judgement part and offer that the vehicle might add some flavor to the individual's unique life story. I would no more judge the Hummer trailer guy than I would jump to any conclusions based on the interesting vehicle list in your sig file....

Too bad because you can tell much about me from my sig. The only fact that is left out that may be pertinent is that each was bought brand new. Of course, not everyone has good powers of observation.

Many people, and where I usually hang out, have spent close to 100K on their JK. The amount reflects I'm not stock by any means so the number value I have spent tells the person who knows exactly where I am in the Jeep hierarchy. Here again the fact that I mention ‘parts' means I do all my own work; this is another separating factor.

If you read a couple of posts by a person you can tell much about them. If a person pulls up in a 70's land yacht car riding on low profile 22s with a lift and nutz dragging the ground you can make a judgment call. Same as you can tell a bike rider by the wear on their rear tire. Not saying, just saying.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Too bad because you can tell much about me from my sig. The only fact that is left out that may be pertinent is that each was bought brand new. Of course, not everyone has good powers of observation.

Many people, and where I usually hang out, have spent close to 100K on their JK. The amount reflects I'm not stock by any means so the number value I have spent tells the person who knows exactly where I am in the Jeep hierarchy. Here again the fact that I mention ‘parts' means I do all my own work; this is another separating factor.

If you read a couple of posts by a person you can tell much about them. If a person pulls up in a 70's land yacht car riding on low profile 22s with a lift and nutz dragging the ground you can make a judgment call. Same as you can tell a bike rider by the wear on their rear tire. Not saying, just saying.

You completely misinterpreted my thoughts but that is okay so please don't be defensive. Stay safe in the 'stan.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
:Wow1:
Many people, and where I usually hang out, have spent close to 100K on their JK. The amount reflects I'm not stock by any means so the number value I have spent tells the person who knows exactly where I am in the Jeep hierarchy. Here again the fact that I mention ‘parts’ means I do all my own work; this is another separating factor.

OT to this thread, but I'm curious how you spend $100k on a JK. :Wow1:

Woods

Explorer

Call Camp Crocker. He'll take your money.

I've been told the following was 120K (not saying this is smart - just sayin)

Custom Painted/flamed/carboned brand new never before seen Bushwacker flat
fenders/road armor
426 Stroked Hemi with (Maybe) a SMS Supercharger
Burnsville Offroad Hemi Swap Kit/motor mounts/computer
Totally built Hughes Performance $7,000.00 dollar 545rf grenade proof Tranny
and torque converter.
Full custom 3” exhaust with electronic dump
Atlas 531 Transfer case
ORE Double throw down front and rear Nitrogen filled Cantilever suspension,
which I have done 3 already, True off-road racing suspension
Danatrac Dana 60’s, Front and Rear
Custom Heavy Duty Drive shafts
513 Gears
ARB Lockers front and rear, wired to dash panel with separate switches
for front locker/rear locker and compressor
Carbon Fiber gage pod with Auto Meter gages
Warn Winch Power Plant 1200 with 95 psi on board air compressor
Black Walker Evans 17” Bead Locks
37” Toyo MT’s/Nitto New Tread Offroad tires
New never seen LOD front bumper
LOD Rear Bumper w/basket and can holders/lights wired/antennas
Gerry Cans
Custom Ghost flames using House of color paints, full interior and all
outside plastic removed, cleaned of oils, sanded, primed twice, sanded
again, painted twice, clear coated 4-6 times, polished, and reinstalled/two
toned paint scheme/Carbanated
Anodized black Billet door handles, hinges, antenna surround, hood hinges
/locks/fuel door/windshield pillars
Wild Boar Slant Back Hard top/ t tops with full leather headliner/sanded
and painted House of Color Pearl
Full custom Leather seats leather choice skins/leather wrapped center
consol/arm rest
Black Billet gear shifters, air vents, air vent surrounds, climate control knobs
Powder coated D-Rings
Billet 12” Drop Down Adjustable Hitch
Bad *** Stereo with toggle cameras for each tire, as well as lights for each tire
River Raider Sport cage
River Raider Full under skid/powder coated white/black Modded for a
Hemi! (a real big Hemi)
Polished Teraflex Rock Sliders
COP4X4 Hemi Hood/ripped/carboned with built in Vision X 3 light bar,
that’s right, in the hood!
Vision X light bars, not sure where yet.
CB with whiplash antenna
Custom COP4X4 Cargo Nack
Add a set of King hydraulic 2 1/2" bump stops/ Man/ blue and polished
bump stops and a set of 2" king coils and the nitrogen tanks per wheel,
thats going to look sick!!!

toymaster

Explorer

Woods covered most of it. Crocker is known for building 'bling' but there are others more "Jeep" worthy that spend $20K on a V8 conversion, $10K on axles, $2-4 on transfer case, $3-5K on lift, easily $1k for each tire/wheel, bumpers and winch(s) can be $2-6K. It adds up quick, my front axle joints cost $250 each.... and the list goes on of interior/exterior upgrades. If you are one that is mechanically challanged and have to pay a person to install items then god help you.

One of the reasons I bought a Jeep is because it is THE most aftermarket supported vic in the world along with a rolling legend of the highest order. However, when it comes down to it it is all personal choice. To keep going forward it does not matter what brand you have all that matters is the size of contact area and how many patches you have touching the ground to create friction. I'll take a fully locked differential with a leaf spring over an open diff in coil spring set-up any day. My long winded point is you can judge a person by what they drive. I'll give you a hint when I see a modified 4x4 I spend a few seconds looking at the body then look under to see who the person really is :ylsmoke:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
My long winded point is you can judge a person by what they drive. I'll give you a hint when I see a modified 4x4 I spend a few seconds looking at the body then look under to see who the person really is :ylsmoke:

Maybe if you only hang out with Jeep drivers? My experience is that judging someone only by what you think they drive is a faulty methodology. I would agree that if there are no scars underneath a 4x4 vehicle that the vehicle has no experience off road.
This is from my weekend trip in the Inyos. Good luck stereotyping any one of these rigs' owners.
7005463128_bb9af01381_c.jpg

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I think this thread has totally lost the plot !

I've stated that I have no problem with the Hummer trailer and I'll go further and say that the Expo Portal is not based on "judging" someone based on his trailer and vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier