Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pretty amazing Hummer trailer

Want to also say I dont think this thread is a attack on his skills or his trailer or rig ?

I see it more as something someons posted and people gavemtheir thoughts
    then someone says its cool and will go more places than most here could go ?
    and that was IMHO kinda not true ?

I see this more as a way for some of us to voice thoughts and why I try to say who cares but these are reasons why so we all can learn more

I know someone told me my dumb African trailer could never go anywhere cause Africa is not like the US ?
    His reasons Africa is a flat country with nothing but large flat areas and no rough roads or mountains ?
    Hhahahahaha OK
    Told him to google more about Africa then get back to me
    Now that is Ignorance !

People expressing views about the trailer are not ignorant

Saying hummers suck is stupid unless you back up your reasons then it just becomes opinion and some can agree or disagree and give reasons whynthey feel that !
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    my Snow Peak Reviews & Tweaks

I'm just stunned that given the attention to detail, and the spare-no-expense design, that the rims arent matching the Hummer. Did I miss any explanation for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    Want to also say I dont think this thread is a attack on his skills or his trailer or rig ?

I see it more as something someons posted and people gavemtheir thoughts
    then someone says its cool and will go more places than most here could go ?
    and that was IMHO kinda not true ?

I see this more as a way for some of us to voice thoughts and why I try to say who cares but these are reasons why so we all can learn more

I know someone told me my dumb African trailer could never go anywhere cause Africa is not like the US ?
    His reasons Africa is a flat country with nothing but large flat areas and no rough roads or mountains ?
    Hhahahahaha OK
    Told him to google more about Africa then get back to me
    Now that is Ignorance !

People expressing views about the trailer are not ignorant

Saying hummers suck is stupid unless you back up your reasons then it just becomes opinion and some can agree or disagree and give reasons whynthey feel that !
    Why do you use so many "?" when you are making a statement instead of posing a question? It just struck my curiosity.

Dont know ?

Kinda like a think moment
    Maybe not as much a statment as a what do other think also

Plus my grammar sucks
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    my Snow Peak Reviews & Tweaks

Ok HONU I too went back and edited one word in my post (I practice what I preach)

I never said it was a great overlanding rig in my post

I dont know the owner nor have I seen this rig in person so I have no idea as to why its a "shell". maybe he hauls things inside that require it to be dual purpose.

overcomplicated ? again I know nothing about the owner or trailer

Trailer building/pulling 101.... This comes from my experience as a trailer builder/fabricator and class A semi truck driver.

With trailers the farther back trailer axle is from the tow vehicle the trailer will track much nicer. When a trailer is short every little non essential maneuver made from the tow vehicle is transferred to the trailer so you get the hopping/swerving/wiggling. With a longer span between the two rigs there is more "time" for the trailer to "not" react to any odd movement from the tow rig. There are pros and cons for the type or situation that the trailer is being used ie;tight trails low weight, or pulling 80K lbs down the Hwy. And one of the best things about a longer tongues is backing up, just go down to your local lake and watch a guy trying to back up a short jet ski trailer versus a guy with a long boat trailer again the tongue length is the reason for the difficulty in backing, not the driver. The trailer reacts so quickly to the steering wheel (driver)input that it gets exaggerated and the trailer starts to jacknife. I'm not trying to be a know it all this just comes from 25 years of building/driving experience.

So lets see... 5 reasons why I think this would be a good overlanding rig

1) It looks like it
    2) would be a nice vehicle
    3) to take on off road
    4) adventures and travels
    5) It's just my "nice" opinion
    Last edited by cowboy4x4; 05-01-2012 at 03:40 PM.

@woods.... can you imagine all the kids yelling to their parents look at that big lego

I don't have to imagine it. I have an eight year old boy. Hope he's out of the "lego stage" by the time he buys his first Jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy4x4 View Post
    @woods.... can you imagine all the kids yelling to their parents look at that big lego

We actually just took the 6 yr old to lego land.... I dont know who was more impressed ... me or him this volvo was built from legos to scale
    Last edited by cowboy4x4; 05-01-2012 at 05:34 PM.

I'm more put off by the neon green then the lego look. I'm glad someone will drive with the lego pieces for fenders and armor. Pretty funny IMHO.
    Evil Uncle Stu * K
    AMERICAN ADVENTURIST
    2004 Taco Dbl Cab, Custom Rack, Camburg 2.5 Coilvers, Deaver 8-pack rear springs, Bilstein 5100's, 265/75R16 BFG AT, Demello frame reinforcements, GPS, CB, ipod, Line-X, Limo tint sides and rear, ExPo Decal.
    M.M.U.C. Certified (0001) ExPo Truck

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast