Just Arrived in G-Wagen need some help with Thule or Yakima High towers

JumpJ

Adventurer
I went with the Rhino rack and Quick N Easy combo Will post some pictures of it this weekend. Really helpful input. Thanks

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I went with the Rhino rack and Quick N Easy combo Will post some pictures of it this weekend. Really helpful input. Thanks

Will, did you happen to buy Bryan's dark blue G500?

Pics please!

PS--both my old G, my new G, Tony C's red SWB G, all have the damn twin-divots in the roof from the use of a Yakima or Thule rack. Doh!

JumpJ

Adventurer
Not sure who Bryan is mate. Ted B? Mine is a Black 2001 G500. I actually bought from a Mercedes Dealer in ABQ. Have to say I love this thing when I can get my wife out of it. Been a Land Rover lover my whole life and still do but wanted a change.
Pics hopefully tomorrow night.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon

I would be curious as to how you mated the Rhino-Rack ?bars? with the Q&E feet. In my opinion, you gave up some goodness and stability of the wider R-R feet.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Not sure who Bryan is mate. Ted B? Mine is a Black 2001 G500. I actually bought from a Mercedes Dealer in ABQ. Have to say I love this thing when I can get my wife out of it. Been a Land Rover lover my whole life and still do but wanted a change.
Pics hopefully tomorrow night.

A guy named Bryan(MEUSOC on these boards) had a dark blue late Europa G500, '01 IIRC. He was in the Santa Fe area. I thought you may have bought his.

Glad to hear you love it so much! Looking forward to pics...

Last edited:

MEUSOC

Observer
Blue G went to Colorado. Will did you buy the G500 that was at M&F? If so, I think it is a 2002! Cheers1

JumpJ

Adventurer
Ted, I bought mine from Mercedes Benz USA in ABQ-Traded the E350 and picked up a Phaeton as well in the deal, which is an incredible car. This G is truly amazing in the hills.
Sorry guys pics are coming I hve been traveling and just getting all the kit sorted out.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Ted, I bought mine from Mercedes Benz USA in ABQ-Traded the E350 and picked up a Phaeton as well in the deal, which is an incredible car. This G is truly amazing in the hills.
Sorry guys pics are coming I hve been traveling and just getting all the kit sorted out.

A Phaeton? I hope you don't have to deal with the overcomplexities.
I look forward to seeing the G pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles