We got some more work done today but not much worthy of pics. A few little things held up progress but I hope to make up some time on thursday. The spring hangers were mounted and paint arrived. I discovered that the u-bolt tie plates are too narrow for the 2.5" wide leaf springs (duh). I'll fab some new one's tomorrow and possibly tackle a little wiring. I also stopped by Mayorga's to check on the main box. The sheet metal should be here tomorrow so they'll start bending and welding. It'll be done later than expected but thats ok because I'm on duty for the next 2 days and won't be able to pick it up till thursday.
The paint I ordered is "Zero-Rust" which is similar to POR15. I heard about it on dieselcruiserhead's build thread and decided to give it a shot. It sets pretty quick and the aerosol will be nice for touch up. I ordered black for the frame and "Safety Red" for the main box. I did a test spot on some cardboard and was pleased with how well it matches the Toyota Radiant Red.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...tchen-RTT-etc) - dieselcruiserhead build