A different 4x4 coach manufacture in the states.

dsw4x4

Adventurer
No one ever mentions these here on the forum but a friend of mine a has a dynamax dynaqwest st and he recently found out that they build them on a 4x4 chassis.
http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/Specialty-Vehicles/overview.php

It is the freight liner drive train and chassis and the coach is very high quality it seems like it would make a really nice expedition rig.
He loves his 2wd version.
Any thoughts or comments?

Derek

chromisdesigns

Adventurer
We looked at a couple of these over the last 2 years -- both were the Isata E series, the so-called "touring sedan". Those are built on the Ford 450 van cutaway, and are essentially upscale class-b motor homes. They are very nice inside, but the layouts don't make the best use of the space, in our opinion.

Did not know they were available in 4x4 configuration, either. If you were in the market for a larger one, the Freightliner chassis is an attractive option. Too big for us, though.

JRhetts

Adventurer
No one ever mentions these here on the forum but a friend of mine a has a dynamax dynaqwest st and he recently found out that they build them on a 4x4 chassis.
http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/Specialty-Vehicles/overview.php

It is the freight liner drive train and chassis and the coach is very high quality it seems like it would make a really nice expedition rig.
He loves his 2wd version.
Any thoughts or comments?

Derek

Looked at these a couple of years ago - nice appearance, but... very limited capacities [esp potable water];limited expansion/redesign potential; very modest clearance. Not sure that you could use 4x4 on anything more boggy than a gravel road. Also, very heavy in the 4x4 Frieghtliner version.

Seems like an up-scale highway RV more than an expedition vehicle. Nothing wrong with the former, just not the same as the latter.

snorkel54

Adventurer
I did not realize before that this was a Berkshire Hathaway company. Gives some reassurance they won't be belly up in 36 months. Looks like a great coach for messy NASCAR infields.

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Thanks for the responses, I am always to eager to hear input from people with real world experience. I have no experience in this kind of rig. I know that my friend really likes his although he did do some remodeling stuff on the interior because he was not happy with the layout but it was pretty minor stuff. And yes even in 2wd form it is a heavy rig but I just assumed they all are when you get into a rig this size. He is not shy to take that thing on back roads all over the country. It cracks me up when you see him squeezing that thing down some trail so he does not have to camp in a camp ground. When he told me about the 4wd version I looked it up and just thought it was pretty cool. He said they were built to be shipped to dubai go figure.
Derek

tacr2man

Adventurer
It probably needs the 4wd just to be able to get itself out when it gets off the bitumen !! with the amount of overhang its not for negotiating climbs !! JMHO

Marv800

Wow, these look like some remarkable vehicles and might just fit my specific needs. Im not he'll bent on having 4x4 capabilities (although it would be a HUGE plus).

Do these rigs retain their original towing capacities?

The boat I'm need to tow is about 5 tons without the trailer.

Entropy

Observer
Marv,

From what I gather these are custom or semi-custom vehicles, so you can probably spec a towing capacity. Good luck getting a hold of them though - my efforts only resulted in me getting phone calls from local RV dealers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles