Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you purchase your tires?

Default Where do you purchase your tires?

Is there a comprehensive listing of sites/locations of good deals/places to buy tires on this website?

I normally just go with either Tire Rack/Discount Tire, and a couple of other websites (that don't sell truck/SUV tiers) since they carry most of the same tires, and I knew what brand I was looking for, etc.

NOW...with a new type of vehicle (I'm used to cars/sports cars) I have no idea where to start/compare prices.

So where do you go to buy your tires?

I've used Tread Depot, Discount Tire Direct, and (some won't like this) WalMart.com. They are all good. WalMart.com has free shipping to your local store and free mounting and balancing. Discount Tire replaced a tire we ruined (road hazard warranty) for free.....
    Movin' right along.In search of good times and good news,
    With good friends you can't lose, This could become a habit..
    Opportunity knocks once, let's reach out and grab it.
    Together we'll nab it. We'll hitch-hike, bus or yellow cab it!
    Cab it?

CrowsWing
    Benroy Teardrop on TnTTT
    CrowsWing Benroy Teardrop on ExPo
    The 220,000 Mile Tundra

Try your local independent garage... Mine was able to beat everyone on Duratracs by the time you factored in install and balance.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee [ LAs, ARBs, WJ knuckles, locking hubs, full float Dana 44 rear, 265/75-16 GY DTs, armour, etc. ]
    1988 Jeep Comanche [ bare unibody in the studio, working towards late model interior and drivetrain ]

IMO it's hard to beat Discount for selection and price. They also offer good service, free rotation, etc.
    Martin KD0PHH
    2007 Toyota 4runner SR5, 4.0 V6. FJC lift, FJC steelies, 265/70/17 BFG ATs & custom front bumper!

I'm a million miles before you, I'm a million miles behind
    I'll take you straight and narrow, I'll ramble and I'll wind
    So curse my broken brimstone, or kiss my bricks of gold
    I'm not the reason - I'm just the road
    - Aaron Watson, "The Road"

Quote Originally Posted by Martinjmpr View Post
    IMO it's hard to beat Discount for selection and price. They also offer good service, free rotation, etc.
    I have to agree. My local store has always treated me great. Plus they are everywhere. I can get a tire repared or replaced if needed in just about any decent sized town.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/29877403@N03/
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD, mostly stock.

"whether you think you ‘can' or you think you ‘can't': either way, you're right." Henry Ford

For a while I bought most of my tires from Tire Rack. Their prices were tough to beat. For the past couple years though I've found that Discount Tire has pretty much matched Tire Rack's pricing, and I like the convenience and service I've been getting at my local Discount Tire store.

I have only dealt with Les Schwab for the past 25 years or so.
    There are some in CA.

I have only positive things to say about them.

Craigslist. I've saved over a grand on my 07 Dodge 3/4 ton in tires by buying nearly new oem takeoffs from the upgrade the new truck folks.

tire rack has been good to me. firestone shop back in tenn was able to get two of the tires i have now when no one in town had the size i wanted ina dcent tread for a street tire. but then right before the move to Ga, no one could get matching tires for me with out back order. local tire shop here was able to get two tires in just a couple days for me, so now i have a matching set.
    NICK ~ CrazyEyeZ

2005 GMC Canyon Z71 4x4 crewcab < 355Nation.net >
    -2" lift shackles and AAL's, TB's cranked, Rancho shocks, 31x10.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler Trailmark
    -roof rack, 24v LED flood and spot lights, 2x 4ft FireSticks, Cobra 29 classic w/weather
    -custom HD bullbar with 4 130w KC DayLighters

Quote Originally Posted by cnynrat View Post
    For a while I bought most of my tires from Tire Rack. Their prices were tough to beat. For the past couple years though I've found that Discount Tire has pretty much matched Tire Rack's pricing, and I like the convenience and service I've been getting at my local Discount Tire store.
    I have my local Discount Tire match Tire Rack. Way simpler and convenient for me.

Joel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast