New trailer

Jred

That is what I will do then. Thanks for the input. Any idea where I start for the springs and axles?

TheThom

Adventurer
That is what I will do then. Thanks for the input. Any idea where I start for the springs and axles?

The first step is to figure out what you want. Do you want Leaf springs, if so, what weight rating, trailer springs or old truck/SUV springs? You should get an axle with a similar weight rating. Figure out what kind of wheels/tires you'll want to use. If you use wider tires, then you might need a longer axle and will need to order a longer axle. Once you figure out what you needs (i.e. XX", 3500lb axle w/ matching trailer leaf springs), then you can try and source it out. If you are in Mokena, IL (I googled it) then I bet there a ton of axle sources nearby since Dexter Axle is in nearby Indiana. Ask around. Ask guys at boat shops who might provide axles for trailers. Ask guys at local hardware stores and ask auto mechanics.

It starts as daunting, but I had NO IDEA about anything related to axles, hubs, bearings, installing springs etc and it all got figured out eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles