91 suburban headlight options

John Willis

Observer
What are the options for 91 suburban headlights? Is there a HID option for the headlights? What are you guys running?

John- I moved this to the appropriate forum and out of the for sale forum.
Thanks
D

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
Assuming of course, that you have the quad headlights...you could swap in a low beam into the high-beam socket and power those off a relay driven by the regular low beam. Then ad some driving lights, running off the high-beam leads. If you have the 5x7 lamps, there are many good H4 conversions, which you can further upgrade to HID.

LIVEanimals

Observer
LMCtruck.com has headlight housings that convert from a sealed beam to a replaceable bulb, then you go to eBay.com and get ya a HID retrofit for the style of bulb that goes in the housing. One of my friends did it on his Yukon and TransAm, and that's what I plan on doing.

Keitha

Observer
I have the LMC conversion and just run some H4 bulbs and use the relay kit from LMC. They are much better than stock.

Renntag

Adventurer
I have a headlight out and am thinking it could be a good upgrade time. There are many options on ebay. Anyone have experience with these? I'll post something.
My burb is single square lamps.
Brighter bulbs and then relays to provide more current is a welcome change.

Bojak

Adventurer
Check out the "tug truck" from ultimate adventure. 1st gen dodge running some j.w. lighting 3 bulb HID in its square bucket. Funny I was looking up all this earlier today. I have the LMC relays with the silverstar bulbs and it is a huge improvement. After seeing the price of those HID, I am happy with what I got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94