Great New Camp Dinner

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
We tried a new camp meal last night that was outstanding. Since my stove has a broiler on it, it worked great. I'm sure you could also get the same result in a DO.

First poach Sea Bass and mushrooms in chicken broth and then set them in a broiler pan. Add corn startch, butter, seasonings, and wine to the left over liquid and thicken. Pour that sauce over the fish and mushrooms in the broiler pan. Then surround the fish with mash potatoes and top with a little cheese. Broil until golden brown and top with fresh chives......enjoy. :chowtime:

Man was this a great meal!

ChainTank022.jpg

overlander

Expedition Leader
what kind of stove do you have? it looks stainless? propane? I'm in the market for a stainless gas one, and looking for feedback.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
overlander said:
what kind of stove do you have? it looks stainless? propane? I'm in the market for a stainless gas one, and looking for feedback.

The stove is made by Spinflo model MK12FC - 2BG and came with my King Kamper trailer. They seem to be popular in Austrailia (RVs & sail boats). It runs off my propane tank. I'm not sure if you can find them in the US, maybe a marine supply source.

I like it a lot, all SS and it has a broiler in addition to the two burners. That really opens up your cooking options.

ChainTank006.jpg

Last edited:

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Not in the same class I'm sure, but HF sells a similar stove HERE

Two burners, a grill and a broiler. For $60 bucks I'm tempted to try one out.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
If the quality is good enough, having the broiler really opens up your cooking options. I'll poke around a bit too to see what I can find out there in the US.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
A little on the bulky side but if you have the room that would be sweet to have in camp. You could cook about anything you wanted. Nice find. I looked at some US marine stuff but it was way to pricey. I like this one that you found.:jumping:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
hoser said:
I've always wanted a portable broiler. This ones might be okay. I like the non-stick top surface. Looks like it is about $300.

Rinnai RETS-330

P-49-8.jpg

Getting pricey, but you get what you pay for and it looks like a nice one. Good find. :jumping:

Last edited:

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
Tucson T4R said:
We tried a new camp meal last night that was outstanding. Since my stove has a broiler on it, it worked great. I'm sure you could also get the same result in a DO.

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing. I'm saving that one for sure.

You prove it: Camp cooking does not have to be something with Cream of Mushroom Soup.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Tucson T4R said:
A little on the bulky side but if you have the room that would be sweet to have in camp. You could cook about anything you wanted. Nice find. I looked at some US marine stuff but it was way to pricey. I like this one that you found.:jumping:
If you planned to be on the road for a while it would be worth the extra space for the varity it could provide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz