Portable Tiki Torch...any suggestions?

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
You could use those new Bud Light blue aluminum bottles! Cheap and easy, duck tape them to a stick. Would go well in trailer parks too.

Archy88

Tiki torches are SWEET! THATS WHY! If you come up with a finished product of a compact Tiki post pics for sure. Ive posted a few Tikis up in camp when, for whatever reason, I couldnt or didnt make a campfire. Lazy perhaps? Gotta love those mellow Tikis...

Exactly, they are cool! Thanks for the reply!

I was originally going to use a length of pvc cut in half. These halves would be pieced together with a coupler at the camp. Finally, the bottle would sit in a larger diameter coupler which would slide onto the pvc.
I then bought a set of replacement poles meant for a flag. These connect to each other and remain very sturdy. However, I returned them the very same day as I found the Tiki 4-in-1 torch at Walmart.

I picked up two of them for $15 a piece. More than I wanted to spend, but it certainly matched what I was looking to do. The outer shell seems to made of plastic, with a cored out center for the wick canister. I can also pick up the pre-filled canisters if I choose to do so and drop them right in.

The best part is that the torch can be placed on a table top, or attached to various length sections. Very portable and very sturdy. I can't wait to use them next weekend!

122388.jpg

...and for July 4th :)
Red-Tiki-Flame-300x300.jpg 113874.jpg

Uticon

Adventurer
We do a big canoe trip every year with 15-25 people and some years the bugs are bad and the tikis do help.
We have alot of dogs usually on the trip so open flames could be an issue.
The ground is mostly rock with alittle dirt between so a classic cheap bamboo tiki just wasnt going to cut it.
I know it sounds funny but it worked.
I took a pc of 1/2"D steel conduit, cut the end to a point and pipe strapped a tiki refill (the can ones with secure tops for travel).
Pounded the conduit in, strapped the can on and we were in business.
Ill look around and see if i have any pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles