HZJ77

jham

Adventurer
Need help sourcing a part...

The joint where the steering arm comes down and connects to the bar to which the steering stabilizer is connected to on the 77 - forgive my lack of knowledge of what that bar is called. Regardless, it's a greasable joint (knuckle?) and the bushing is busted, meaning after a few days of driving, all the grease is gone.

I just replaced tie rod bushings because they were easy to find, and that didn't really tighten up the steering any. Also, if I hit a pothole just right at around 50kmh, the death wobble kicks in and slowing to around 10kmh is the only way to fix it.

Here's a picture. The orientation is rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise, as you can see by the shock in the background. Can't find the part in Uganda, possible to order it in the US and have it brought over?

photo1.jpg

77cruiser77

Observer
Yikes, I think more people may come along to help but if Canada is easier to deal with than Australia due to your location then I would try either Radd Cruisers or 4Wheelauto. They should have your part and if not could probably get you one quickly.

jham

Adventurer
Yeah, not a member of MUD yet and was trying to hold off on joining another forum for as long as I could.

Found what I was looking for - it's a tie rod end, of which there are 4. I thought there were only two. Anyways, ordered it at Toyota Uganda and it should be here from Nairobi next week.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Toyota of Gibraltar supplies NGOs all over the world and will send you parts anywhere.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles