Thread: ARB fridge question

Default ARB fridge question

I have my fridge hard wired to a fuse block in the back of my runner. I also have the AC cord plugged into the fridge. When I'm home for a couple days I unplug the dc cord from the back of the fridge then run an extension cord to the truck and plug in the AC. My question is do I need to unplug the DC before plugging in the AC power? Does the fridge switch over to the AC even if DC is still being provided or will doing this fry something?

The frig should switch over from DC to AC automatically without any need to unplug the DC cord.
    Joey

Quote Originally Posted by CCFD170 View Post
    I have my fridge hard wired to a fuse block in the back of my runner. I also have the AC cord plugged into the fridge. When I'm home for a couple days I unplug the dc cord from the back of the fridge then run an extension cord to the truck and plug in the AC. My question is do I need to unplug the DC before plugging in the AC power? Does the fridge switch over to the AC even if DC is still being provided or will doing this fry something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyroo View Post
    The frig should switch over from DC to AC automatically without any need to unplug the DC cord.
    ^ What he said. Leave both plugs in place. The ARB will switch to "shore power" automatically, even when in cycle.
    2001 Tacoma Extended Cab, 3RZ, AT, SAC, 5.29 gears, ARB FR/RR locker, and a few other mods... Build thread, Post #33
    AMERICAN ADVENTURIST ON FACEBOOK
    Adventures in and out of your Overlanding Rig... American Adventurist