Tall narrow tires 33"+

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I just spent about 1/2 an hour on the phone to everyone I could find that sells or ever has sold 9.00-16s or 255/100R16s. Nobody has seen even a single set in the last 3-4 years. Even if you do find a set, better hope you don't cut one up! I got one last place to check...

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
STA super lugs are the only readily available 9.00 r16. About 10x36. I'd love to get some xzl's, but just can't.

These are bias ply tires (9.00-16, no "R"), not that it's a "bad" thing ? ? ?

I've not had much luck finding much for any reviews on them, but they are interesting...

http://www.stausaonline.com/light-truck/superlug.html

No idea how they would be on the road. I think farmers like them on their pick-ups for what they can do, however.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Inter co has some 35x10s but every place i have called says no go. then they try to sell me a 315

darien

Observer
I had a set of these STA 9.00 x 16's on my 1951 Power Wagon. They balanced well and rolled smooth (at 45 - 50 mph max) but roared and whined to beat the band. I would certainly trust them to be good tires though. They showed no appreciable wear at 2 years of daily use (all low speed of course.)

98dango

Expedition Leader
Yes they list them but appon a phone call im told 6-8 weeks not working for me. Also at 300 a tire there the most expensive I have found. This is my dads arguement I can get all for 37' mt-oz for 300 I already have wheels so i run them when i want and I can get some 285s for my 16" wheels for the times i dont. He is also pushing me to move to Grand junction and wheel with him much more in moab. That means i need more ground clearance to keep up with the lowrider he runs.

dads truck

22754_101342946563015_100000619317473_35515_4846759_n.jpg

4.56 gears front and rear lockers
q78-15 buck shots / 35" wild country txr road tire
trussed zj 35 with super 35 kit rear disk brakes

Last edited:

bftank

Explorer
i was just asking in your other thread if you ever made it down to here. send me a pm if you head to your dads, rifle is right on the way to grand junction. even have some local ohv trails to fart around on.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Kind of off topic, but I have always loved those old Jeep trucks like your dad has.

Its ok he has loved them since i can remember. I gave him that one about 5 years ago. It was beat did not run right and the clutch did not work

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
I used 9.00 Michelin XZLs and spent a few years looking for them before I finally did. They would go 75 just fine but the are massive massive and heavy tire. I ran them on a land cruiser and they didn't fit right and I was worried about my axle shafts for the first time ever. I sold them shortly after. The best looking option is that Toyo in my opinion.

thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles