V8 grand front springs in an LJ?

dumprat

Adventurer
Anybody running V8 grand cherokee springs in an Lj? I have 4.5 full traction front springs in my 05. Even with the winch and bumper it hits like a cement truck on the front. I have done some searching and it looks like V8 cherokee springs might be about the right rate and installed height. anybody running this setup that could give me some measurements an feedback? Thanks

AndrewDM

Adventurer
I am running OME ZJ springs on the front of my TJ. I got about 2.75-3" of lift with an ARB bullbar and Warn 9.5 winch.

Andrew

hollaback55

Explorer
AEV makes great springs, a little pricy but definitely great ride and handling characteristics. could run their 3" springs with their spacer 1.5

could also call Dirk at DPG offroad, he helped me with my OME setup in my other LJ. great guy and tons of knowledge about what rate you'll need for the accessories you have.

dumprat

Adventurer
I would need a 2" spacer to make my jeep sit level with a 3" spring. As it is with a 4" lift spring it still sits nose down. I won't run a spacer I think they are pointless. The right springs are out there I just have to find them.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Are you inquiring if the stock v8 ZJ springs will get you level? They would only net you about 2 inches total lift. If you want a good spring that will level you out then order the 3 inch ZJ front springs from Rubicon Express and it will get you where you want it to sit, just match the shocks accordingly.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I had the same problem with my TJ. Fixed it with XJ springs. They are longer.

I had an Rubicon Express 4.5" lift with Warn bumper, mount and 8274 winch. Jeep looked like a drag racer. Told RE and they sent me some XJ 4.5" front springs. It was perfect. I've been running this setup now for over 10 years.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I had the same problem with my TJ. Fixed it with XJ springs. They are longer.

I had an Rubicon Express 4.5" lift with Warn bumper, mount and 8274 winch. Jeep looked like a drag racer. Told RE and they sent me some XJ 4.5" front springs. It was perfect. I've been running this setup now for over 10 years.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

They are the same spring as the 3 inch ZJ springs.

dumprat

Adventurer
I already looked into the RE springs. Problem is they are a single rate spring. I want variable rate, to match the rear. Might try some Currie 4" tj springs but I want to phone them and find out what their installed height is. Currie is one of few outfits selling variable rate lift springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles