A Critique of Comtemporary Camera Design

Pathfinder

Adventurer
Why do the manufacturers not recognize that, while high ISOs allow us to shoot in the dark, a camera that also offered us to dial the ISO down to 5 or 10 would allow us to do some amazing long exposure studies as well. We could stop carrying dark neutral density filters with us as well. This just doesn't seem like it would be that complex to build into a pro camera.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I'll buy into this whole digital photography fad when they offer me a DM3a. Let me select the ASA, shutter speed, f-stop and stick it into a simple, pleasing (yes traditional) case and then I'm on board. Until then, a big fat "Meh".

bajasurf

Explorer
Why do the manufacturers not recognize that, while high ISOs allow us to shoot in the dark, a camera that also offered us to dial the ISO down to 5 or 10 would allow us to do some amazing long exposure studies as well. We could stop carrying dark neutral density filters with us as well. This just doesn't seem like it would be that complex to build into a pro camera.

Pathfinder: You are not alone. Link to Kirk Tuck:

http://visualsciencelab.blogspot.com/2012/05/forget-iso-25000-im-loving-what-im.html

ssssnake529

Explorer
As far as image quality goes, today's micro 4/3 sensors are better than yesterday's APS-C sensors. As technology advances, the physical size of the sensor will become less and less relevant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles