Thread: 1 of 1 in North America: Toyota FJ22 Diesel L Blizzard Convertible

Default 1 of 1 in North America: Toyota FJ22 Diesel L Blizzard Convertible

SOLD

The rarest of all 4wd Toyotas in America.
    This car just out of storage and freshened lightly, but still very original.
    No stories, great collector worthy vehicle that is reliable and super fun.
    Attracts overwhelming attention wherever it goes.

This is one of very few Blizzards ever completely constructed by Toyota in Japan.
    The L series diesel Toyota motor is similar to a 3B but at 2188 cc. It gets 36mpg with the 4 speed manual gearbox.
    Asin hubs and two speed part time 4wd transfer case.

Incredible!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=280876014263

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03165.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	542.3 KB 
ID:	99558
    Last edited by Mike Serpe; 05-14-2012 at 08:58 PM.

The Diahatsu Scat! ;-)

Very cool, I've wanted one of those mini LCs for a long time.

Wow, that's a pretty high price... easily double what a similar J40 would go for.
    Toyotero

"La Vida Nica"
    “If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees. If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children.” -Confucius

Default FJ22 Blizzards

Quote Originally Posted by Toyotero View Post
    The Diahatsu Scat! ;-)

Very cool, I've wanted one of those mini LCs for a long time.

Wow, that's a pretty high price... easily double what a similar J40 would go for.
    Yup, except FJ40s are dime a dozen, while this model, well... it's the only one available
    and you can't get any more rare than 1 of 1

Default A few in Vancouver

Not sure if they are the "exact" same as yours, but there have been a few of these kicking around in Vancouver BC for a few years now. Very cool little trucks.

http://www.maxoverdrive.ca/sold.asp - Scroll down that list there is one or two, I think a local guy here in Squamish has one I seem to see in the summer!

Not to burst the 1 of 1 status, but Canada is part of North America!

http://www.maxoverdrive.ca/toyota.asp?id=267

There was one in Boston a couple of years ago.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...oyota-Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by pattersonimages View Post
    Car Description: 1980 TOYOTA BLIZZARD LD10, VERY RARE VEHICLE. 4 SPEED WITH 4H AND 4L TRANSFER CASE. ELIGIBLE FOR IMPORT IN USA.

Roof: SOFTOP
    Engine: 2.2D
    Cylinder: 4
    Shift: manual
    Brakes: DRUM FRONT AND REAR
    Air Conditioner: NO
    Wheel: 4WD
    Mileage: 57000
    Body:
    Seat: 4
    Fuel: D
    Other:
    Arrived in: RICHMOND STOCK
    Available: Sold
    Available Stock: LD10
    Price: $8500

Thats perfect! I can just load it in the back of my truck like a quad and take it wherever I want.

In all honesty it is a pretty cool vehicle and the seller probably wont have any problems getting rid of it at that price.

Default SOLD: 1983 Blizzard Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyan66 View Post
    Thats perfect! I can just load it in the back of my truck like a quad and take it wherever I want.

In all honesty it is a pretty cool vehicle and the seller probably wont have any problems getting rid of it at that price.

Yes we had a lot of offers. Turns out that other one that was in BC appears to have been taken out of North America, but we are not sure if it ever came back.
    Anyways, we are very happy that the new owner is local, and will use and cherish the vehicle as its intended. Thanks to all those who also submitted offers on it.
    We have one other one, which is a hardtop FJ22 diesel. It is now on ebay. This one is 1 of 3 in North America.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...-/280879566488

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serpe View Post
    This one is 1 of 3 in North America.
    There's 5 of them in Vancouver, BC. Two in Langley and one here in Kits where I live and are all diesels. 2LT engine. I've seen a few in the Kelowna/Nelson area as well. They are around. Mostly up here in Canada and have been imported from Japan. They are around $6-9k landed for a grade 4/great shape one here in Canada. Not sure of what it costs to import down in the US.

This 1989 2.4L Diesel SX5 model sold for 78,000JPY last week = $2,890 USD landed, customs, taxes sitting in your driveway.

78,000km's = 48,000 miles

They are in the 'kei' class. Pretty cool little rigs.

Name:	4IuzCwB6Lua4jzKEDpTRXZOJDqxPBttFSc4OQ2ixKQxJFCmiRc7U8AFiT4aZC79hvRkVYc1xFW-mlSDpDDQCLHS72.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	101014

Name:	2myH0mB6pRfNh6pylNuoVXJorFEEWvmg6WlWDCZPDz4cIChIHJaeJklvrTvNsd9ZbI5x0FVuG-mlSDpDDQCLHS72.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	101013

Name:	v2m5autRSo9xpPyYPaMLG6E0pV7A9zjtH4htzX1evW3sQcn1gziYyedWBYeCw8nGSabYXUN-mlSDpDDQCLHS72.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	101012
    1995 Y60 Nissan Patrol/Safari TD42T Kingsroad highroof/camper Edition ~ White UN colors

Default not the same car

Not the same truck... that is a totally different vehicle... although they re-used the Blizzard name on it.