Tell me more about these Monteros

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Here's how I did mine...

DSC_4576.gif

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
I'll echo shmabs on the Sport....I bought a twin to his after seeing what he did to his and driving one I am extremely happy with my choice. Look for a 3.5xs as in my opinion it's the best of the sports for simplicity combined with the bigger 3.5 motor.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
If I do a body lift to a Montero, will I need to adjust the shift levers?
For lifts up to 3"....
Not the transmission
@3" then yes on the transfer case lever.
@2" or less, no on the transfer case lever.
I don't know anyone who has Done a BL beyond 3"

Also the the radiator fan shroud should be dropped but you can get by if you remove the lower half.

Last but not least you have to extend one of the brake hard line coils near the master cylinder.

For more technical q&a you should check the 4x4wire mitsu tech forum's FAQ thread.

Cee-Jay

Sasquatch
Where may I purchase 4.90s?

What a great thread! Thanks so much for asking/answering a bunch of questions that are very relevant to my current vehicle search. Quick question: Where may I purchase 4.90 gears for the front and rear diffs of a Gen II Montero SR?

Thanks!

Cee-Jay

skids

Observer
When I done a 2" bodylift it would not stay in 2wd, so had to remove the gator and trim the plastic surround. Also had to unclip the fuel filler hose(inside rear arch) and watch the front brake hose as it goes through the body( I think it is coiled at this point). You might have to feed it through.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
There are a number of body lift documentary posts on 4x4wire's mitsu forum. Those of you interested in this upgrade should definitely check there since I don't believe it's been as thoroughly documented here yet...

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I hate 4x4 wire. Nearly impossible to search. Not user friendly in any way.... We need more info here! :smilies27

There's an FAQ thread at the top of that forum with links to most of the important threads.

Sorry, I'm to lazy & simply don't have the time to copy those threads here.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Wow, man! Mad props on an old-school animated GIF.
Funny, as I'm reading both threads (and walking past a sweet Gen II SR in the parking lot every day), the more I want one.

LOL, thanks. Actually it was the only way to show it in action w/out my ugly mug in the shot so animated gif it is.

As for them make you want them more and more, tell me about it. I've tried to buy other vehicles (two VW's and an Audi) but the Montero's are the ones that I keep... except for my Audi S4 which is just too sweet to let go even when I have over 3k of work pending on her.:smiley_drive:

Of topic and I know its not your truck, but Skids, could you tell us more about these bash guards? I haven't found any options for them here in the US, except JAOS, but the price for those is laughable.
photsdigicam08212.jpg

photsdigicam08208.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles