Post Rally Planning - Belize and Guatemala

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
As most of you know, because of logistics and timing, we think it's better to end the Rally in Mexico near some ruins that will not be overwhelmed with bus and tourists...we have a lead on an awesome location, right next to a lake and near some great Mayan ruins that are not overdevelopped.

But in the unlikely event that the world does not end on 12/21, we are planning to keep going into Belize and Guatemala.

I am thinking we could setup camp in Belize to spend Christmas, and then perhaps even celebrate NYE in Tikal.

I am curious to gather your input - who's interested in exploring some more?

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
At this point I am not to sure I will even be going. If I do though, continuing south is certainly on my "to-do" list.

dangerbus

BryDanger
We are undecided at this point whether to cut back across to the pacific or head south, but it seems like south through Belize/Guatemala might be easier than backtracking...
Either way, we will likely getting out of the cancun area as fast as we can and back to beaches without the masses!

aka rover

Adventurer
I think the next rally should be a Alaskan RALLY!!! it should be different every year.. the mayans will be old news after we get done with them!!1:smiley_drive::friday:

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Im in for the Alaskan Rally...I'm going up there in Summer so if its about the same time this year I will probably still be staying with ED...yep...do the math Ed...that's about 3 months of JOY...

technichen

Observer
Originally I planned on heading to Belize as well. But do to work constraints I will need to head back towards the US a day or so once the Rally is over. Is anyone else also doing this? Would be nice to travel with a group back to the boarder :)

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
178968_10151507478204966_389845622_n.png

From here....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Institute-of-Archaeology-NICH-Belize/103208099965

kbeefy

Adventurer
Originally I planned on heading to Belize as well. But do to work constraints I will need to head back towards the US a day or so once the Rally is over. Is anyone else also doing this? Would be nice to travel with a group back to the boarder :)

I'll be headed north-ish shortly after the end of the rally, not sure of the exact date though.

OverlandTheWorld

OverlandTheWorld.com
We are headed to Belize a few days after the rally. We are looking for some scuba spots and beaches. Would love to caravan, we are planning to get to Costa Rica by February.

Jeff and Monica

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I think the next rally should be a Alaskan RALLY!!! it should be different every year.. the mayans will be old news after we get done with them!!1:smiley_drive::friday:

For the Alaskan rally we can visit someone nearly as old as the Mayans...view prehistoric vehicles and see how the ancient people live in remote undiscovered lands lost in time...... We can go to Ed's place.. Lol......:0..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles