Seeking sealable silveware caddy

loren85022

Explorer
Oddly I am striking out as I look for a tray such as below that has a lid. Doesnt need to be waterproof, just dust. Anybody have a source? If I didnt have 13 projects sitting in my garage I'd make a lid for this one as it's the exact size we need.

41ur2m5Bj5L._SX355_.jpg

chromisdesigns

Adventurer
Easiest solution might be to find a lidded baking pan the right size, and just drop the organizer inside. Some of them have sliding lids, others snap-on plastic lids. Depending on where you store it, one type or other might be a better fit for your use.

Check commercial cookware outlets, as well as the discount stores and online. I'd bet you can find one that works.

Signcutter21

Adventurer
Just a thought, what about fishing lure containers? Father in law gave me a plastic one that has that has long dividers. That or misc bolts/ hardware storage containers.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
We just use a small rectangular box with a snap-on lid. We can't keep the spoons separate from the forks, but we get by somehow.

Saiyan66

Adventurer
+1 on the fishing lure organizers. The Plano ones are great and I use them for everything. They run about $2.99 at K-Mart.

loren85022

Explorer
All good suggestions. In fact, knowing one of her mother's day presents came from the fishing isle will make it that much more special - I think.

Sent from my iToaster

98roamer

Explorer
This is what we use, I'm not sure where my wife first found (20years ago) it but it works perfectly. 3"x4"x12" with a snap on lid. Oh, and it's clear plastic.

We just use a small rectangular box with a snap-on lid. We can't keep the spoons separate from the forks, but we get by somehow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles