Lexus LX470 Rear Cabin Conversion...

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Whoa - awesome work !

I've spent a lot of hours thinking about doing this to a 'regular' 4x4, and seen a lot of projects, and I honestly think this is one of the highest quality ones I've ever seen.

Pure awesome.

-Dam

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Thank you for the compliments. It's working out very well . . . just a regular SUV until it's time to do some camping.

FWIW, as it's gotten more use, I've been surprised and impressed by the amount of storage available. All those cubby holes provide more room for things than you might think, and it's worked out to be a very comfortable space, even for several days at a time.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Way ************** design and execution Mike and Paul!!

Paul, I will now be contacting you for my custom interior build if that's alright by you...

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Sorry to see it go to a new home, although it couldn't have gone to a better home! It's going to live the cush life being pulled behind that Fuso. :smiley_drive:

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Who bought it?

Mike
I don't believe it's classified information. It's gone to jrhetts of this forum, recently of the Arizona desert and the Yukon, and owner of the mighty custom Fuso FM260 4x4.

attachment.php

JohnnyS

Explorer
Congrats John!!
Looking forward to seeing the 470 behind the Fuso next time our paths cross.
I wonder if EXPO470 is available in Oregon for your new plate...hmmmm.
Cheers!

In the Mogollons, 2011.jpg

Attachments

• Christmas Trip, 2012 053.jpg
    Christmas Trip, 2012 053.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
Mike,
Is the sink functional enough? I'm picturing trying to wash dishes in there, but it looks small and hard to get to.

I had one built into my slide on camper with its own faucet ,and after a few trips I found it more practical to carry a small plastic tub and fill it from a jerry can with a tap fitted to it.
Tipping some soapy water onto the ground is not going to hurt anything.The 100 gallons of fuel you have just burnt getting there is far more toxic to the enviroment.

JRhetts

Adventurer
Congrats John!!
...Cheers!

Thanks! It was a very short path to owning a really sweet platform for continued overlanding. As you well know, your recommendation is what got me started looking for a 100-series.

When I asked Hiscox where he might start looking for one in the OR area, he said, "With me." With his rig still strong at 108,000 miles, and with Paul Jensen's mods, I pulled the trigger. [BTW, Paul and his wife Pam are as nice people as his work is high quality. They spent a day with me in Bend earlier this week.]

I'm not one to obsess too long on trying to create a perfect vehicle before I set off; I'd rather be exploring than building: With a lot of assistance from Scott Brady, we outfitted the Jeep for Central America in less than 10 days [largely at Home Depot] — and from design to full-time occupancy the Fuso rebuilt was 6 months.

See you in AZ when I come back to do more exploring!

Thanks Johnny, Mike, and Paul!! I am confident that this 100-series will serve my 'evolving needs' as a replacement for my 08 Rubicon [now for sale], and I expect to be a very happy camper.

Check out the Jeep at

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/100522-Overland-Proven-2008-Jeep-Rubicon-4-Door

John

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne