Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unimogs for sale

Default Unimogs for sale

FYI - A number of Unimogs for sale. They are Ex Irish Electricity Supply Board (ESB).
    I was at a similar auction a few weeks ago looking for a Vario and a number of these sold for about 5k. The looked like they are mechanically well looked after - but needed a fair bit of cosmetic work.

http://www.hanleysales.com/index.php...m-auction.html

I'll probably be heading down to this auction also if I can confirm there is at least one single cab Vario.

Ian

Just out of curiosity
    Can the frames/wheelbase on the U140L and U1750L be stretched?
    By how much?
    Maybe I'll look at one of these instead of a Vario if I can stretch it.

Only thing is - I know 80-90% of driving will be on normal roads....

It is a lot of effort stretch a Unimog frame - the torque tubes enclose the propshafts made it very difficult. The chassis is made out of heat treated steel, and you will need a place with proper MB certification to cut and extend the chassis, it's not something your average truck builder can or should do - not if it s going to spend a lot of time off road. A U1750L is quite a big truck, and if you need longer - have a look at the Unicat website to see how big they are. If you need bigger, then you will have to look for a U2150 6x6.
    Iain
    Brisbane, Australia
    Land Rover Defender 110
    Unimog U1250
    Unimog Central

Agree with Iain. But will add,
    A 'MOG frame can be easily extended by adding length onto the rear (up to a point anyway). If that would work for ones application...

Default Uimogs for sale in western australia - retiring army mogs less than 20,000 kilometers

Hi all,
    check out this link while its active;

Description

Unimog U1300L 4x4 ex military

THESE VEHICLES ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND ALL HAVE LESS THAN 20000 KMS ON THE SPEEDO.

SELLER WILL PAINT ANY COLOUR

APPROX 50 AVAILABLE CAN BE SHIPPED TO ANY STATE OR COUNTRY

http://www.truckworld.com.au/buy/use...lia/44658.aspx
    4x4coaster
    2 Door Range Rover
    4 Door Range Rover
    '94 80-series Toyota Landcruiser with the lot
    '97 4 door Discovery (wifes car)

'87 Toyota Coaster SWB Bus, 2006 F250 axles, 5r110 & NP273 Tcase, '94 12v Dodge Cummins T/diesel. (all work done by owner)

Wow! I did'nt think we had 50 vehicles in our forces.

Someone in WA went to the trouble of buying them and importing them (RHD). And they want to make a bit on them.
    I wonder if they have working gears - probably not.

Charlie
    Unimog U500 with Unicat camper; diesel BMW X5 35d, diesel BJ40 Landcruiser and diesel M37

Quote Originally Posted by charlieaarons View Post
    Someone in WA went to the trouble of buying them and importing them (RHD). And they want to make a bit on them.
    I wonder if they have working gears - probably not.

Charlie
    Hey Charlie, that guy is only selling them. The Australian Armed Forces would have bought them brand new as RHD and are now retiring them with only 20,000 on the clock. They would have been properly serviced and maintained for their entire life.

The guy selling them no doubt put in a bid to buy the lot and would have outlayed a large sum, although I'm sure a fair bit less than 65k each!

If I had a spare 65k laying around I'd buy one!!!
    4x4coaster
    2 Door Range Rover
    4 Door Range Rover
    '94 80-series Toyota Landcruiser with the lot
    '97 4 door Discovery (wifes car)

'87 Toyota Coaster SWB Bus, 2006 F250 axles, 5r110 & NP273 Tcase, '94 12v Dodge Cummins T/diesel. (all work done by owner)

They are LHD ex-military. They are in Europe at the moment, owned by someone else and will they also need to be converted to RHD.

Australia has not started selling their Unimogs yet, however rumour has it that some of the older ones with HIABS have been shipped to an Auction house to be sold in the near future, as the HIABs are out of date and will need to be re-certified and the cost of that is more than the Mogs are worth. It is likely that they will be "decommissioned" and sold only as spare parts, due to the liability of having the the cranes on the trucks.
    Iain
    Brisbane, Australia
    Land Rover Defender 110
    Unimog U1250
    Unimog Central

I guess the question is on everybodies mind in Australia is will they actually become available?

I would rather import one from UK/Europe than pay the stupid money that is asked for 4WD truck in Aus.

Watching closely

Callum
    Callum Blackhall - Landroverholic

www.degreesminutesseconds.net

Land Rover County Expedition Camper
    Land Rover Defender 90 Extreme Td5
    Land Rover 1956 Series 1 - mid restoration
    Land Rover LWB Series III hardtop - project vehicle
    BMW G 650 Xchallenge
    Husaberg FE 570
    Ducati 996
    Audi A3 2.0T Quattro