Bug Out Vehicle

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
To survive what is coming you have to leave the country. The New World Order has targeted the USA for extinction. We are only 5% of the worlds population, yet we are the only country standing in the way of the NWO. Look at the sky, we the people are being sprayed almost daily. The Black Part of the US Government has been spraying us for the past 8 years at least. Open your eyes and WAKE UP AMERICA. Don't go into denile, try to think outside the box. Short term survival is what you are all talking about. I'm talking about long term survival. There will come a time when we will be sprayed while we sleep and we will never wake up. The Jews stayed too late in Germany...I hope you will leave before the new ho.
Man, you got it all wrong. They aren't spraying us, they are fattening us up with fast food and sugar to the point that we won't be able to move. :coffee:

draganof

Observer
The whole concept of a BOV is funny considering what Forum this is. Lets think about this for a minute. I would wager to say 90% of the folks into Expedition are already of the Survivalist Mentality. Look at our Vehicles. Many of these Vehicles and the people operating them are totally capable of surviving on their own out back, across uncharted territories. Read some of the Expeditions on here and you soon realize they have already bugged out. Not a bad thing at all. I know I am a survivor, 24 years in the Military, a War in Viet Nam, etc. I'm 62 now and I'm still going strong. Bug Out Vehicle? Oh yes I have one but it's not camouflaged, it's a Cherokee, and it just looks like all the others that are set up for Expedition travel. I do absolutely encourage everyone to be prepared to take care of themselves if the big one hits. Remember what happened down in New Orleans........

crazyeyez

Crazy EyeZ
stumbled across this. up-armored f550.
f550.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting reading people in the U.S. generating ideas on this thread. When I lived in the States, I wouldn't have done a very good job planning. Now that I've lived in post-conflict and conflict zones for a few years, I have a different perspective. I'd say the best preparation is having lived in a hot zone or an area that is immediately post-conflict. Even a month spent somewhere without running water, where the grid is only up 12-18 hours a week, etc. will train you better than any hypothetical situation you can dream up. Living without electricity (and hence without refrigeration) is the key challenge here. As people mention, making water potable is not difficult. But the changes you'll need to make to live in an area like this (I live on the Uganda - South Sudan border) are not radical, they're subtle.

Don't kill a chicken until you're going to eat it. Build a schedule that your friends and allies can depend upon, but not one obvious to those watching. Figure out what knowledge you can trust, verify what you can. Standardize with your friends: everything 12v DC, everything .45ACP or 7.62NATO, everything valuable moved by daylight, etc.

Build rules and live by them. It matters less what the rules are and more that everyone involved understands them.

I was in la Côte d’Ivoire when things were bad, was in Lebanon during the bad days, etc. Where I live now is post-conflict, but being aware of your surroudings is key. There is a UNHCR/IDP camp (internally displaced people camp, basically a refugee camp) of over 20,000 people walking distance from where I live. You aren't going to have enough ammunition if things go wrong, but you can cover enough ground to get away if you know what's up in time.

Know your surroundings, know who your friends are, know the language, know the frequencies, know how to use your tools (offensive and defensive). Never go to bed without your gear in order, never wake up without knowing where you are.

That's all I've learned in this long process. I've made a lot of mistakes and been lucky none of them has killed me.

Just keep learning.

There's a lot good points here and the communications is something that no one should overlook. Being able to alert someone else, discretely, that troubles headed their way is sometimes the best thing that you can do. Plenty of us that have been to war have seen how quickly things can go south and stay that way. Once the supply lines are cut off it doesn't take long before utilities are turned off, and there's no more fuel. If that were to happen in a big city even from a natural disaster it doesn't take long before people start stealing and rioting. The strong prey off the weak as they say.
For those of you bugging out, I'd suggest bugging out to a prepared location where you have some friends. Gardening, and livestock care are sustaining skills that you need. If you've never done it have a book on it. It's already been mentioned but first aid is also a big one. This one requires faster action than gardening so learn as much as you can now. Most survival classes here in the US focus on individual, or small group short term survival. The same ideas apply to larger groups with longer duration. It's just applying the ideas on a much larger scale with preparations being more the focus than just living off the land. If your stuck in a city a good store of food(not food store) and water is your best friend.
For those that are serious about prepping caches are a great way to store supplies without putting all your eggs in one basket. In Iraq we've found where people buried canned weapons, food, and water in connexs, water storage bins, boxes you name it. The richer families sometimes had a secret room under their house to hide out in. Stuff that most people would never really think about here.

FellowTraveler

Explorer
In Iraq we've found where people buried canned weapons, food, and water in connexs, water storage bins, boxes you name it. The richer families sometimes had a secret room under their house to hide out in. Stuff that most people would never really think about here.

FACT IS; "it was found" anything can be found these days. Survivalists is a bad word to any predator class types.

FACT IS; "it was found" anything can be found these days. Survivalists is a bad word to any predator class types.

Yes it was found 3.5-5 years after the invasion because we learnt what to look for as markers where they had hidden this stuff. If not for the locals helping us we would have never found about 80% of it. It was what happened just before what came to be known as the Sunni Awakening happened in Ramadi. Google that and Camp Trotter and you should still be able to find a decent write up on it from Fox News. Most of the food, water, and people hiding was done while Saddam was in power. The locals would hide the mixed families (half Brit children etc) when he would come through. Those same caches were taken over by the alqueida because they had sympathizers amongst the locals. Had the alqueida not turned on the local population for accepting food, medical care, and schooling for their children we would still still be fighting an all out war in Iraq.

Viggen

Just here...
Funny, how many people bring that up... and how few were there....

And how many ignored the evacuation recommendations and state of emergency declaration issued before landfall

CRAIGWHITTON, good read and assuming government will still be there during and after event, however, IMHO the most probable situation will arise from government collapse as individuals tire of funding their own enslavement and bailouts.

You make this thread....interesting

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles