Bug Out Vehicle

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Judging by his recent amphibious training exercises Field Marshall Mark is covering all potential operational scenarios. :)

Damn straight...operational planning (whether from the land, sea or space) and preparing for all scenarios is the key to post world domination. These pikers whose idea of just jumping in their trucks and fleeing into the countryside with some camping gear and a few black guns with the intent to loot innocent people are amatuers at apocalypse survial planning.

They lack imagination and derring do and probably drink to much cheap beer. :sombrero:

MLPress #65

Observer
Sad - this thread has ceased to be useful or interesting. Should be renamed. I'll remove the bookmark. I was really interested in Bug Out vehicles, if anyone else is and knows a good thread.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Sad - this thread has ceased to be useful or interesting. Should be renamed. I'll remove the bookmark. I was really interested in Bug Out vehicles, if anyone else is and knows a good thread.

Agreed! Right after the OP clicked on "submit new thread."

FellowTraveler

Explorer
WHAT? "limit free expression and speech"!

I suspect those who whine about how this topic has went in all directions don't support freedom of expression and speech! Get over it and enjoy your day!

Perhaps, it is best expressed as the one who insists that they are allowed to get 5 strikes before they are out or they don't want to play, then the tantrum!

Has it violated the forum rules, or?:ylsmoke:

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
On a completely different subject related to Teotwaki's earlier observation in post #109, would said individual's abrupt, organizationally-driven departure apply to all known relatives, too?

teotwaki

Excelsior!

A well-equipped 4x4 overlanding vehicle is probably the best solution for bugging out. Your own rig, well maintained by you, stocked with spares and gear to allow you to depart or hunker down as needed. It is more likely to blend in than an MRAP.

I suspect those who whine about how this topic has went in all directions don't support freedom of expression and speech! Get over it and enjoy your day!

We aren't whining about the topic, most of us are hopefully laughing.... [with] you guys.

I'm sure we can all agree on this, hopefully we'll never need to practice what's being preached here, regardless of how ridiculous some of the scenarios are.

MLPress #65

Observer
Thanks for the alternative links, NetDep -I'll check them out. And for your suggestion, Jim. A well-stocked 4X4 rig is pretty much what I'm working on. Don't want to be trapped on jammed up highways. Probably should get some Maxtrax to be safe, though.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Thanks for the alternative links, NetDep -I'll check them out. And for your suggestion, Jim. A well-stocked 4X4 rig is pretty much what I'm working on. Don't want to be trapped on jammed up highways. Probably should get some Maxtrax to be safe, though.

In an urban environment you might want not only a traction aid but also something strong enough to offer bridging capabilities that will assist when traversing non-standard routes such as driving across loading docks, construction ditches or parking barriers.

http://www.rangerovers.net/outfitting/offroadmisc/ladders.html

Bridging ladders? Don't you know you can drive around post apocalyptic New York City in a red mustang?
iamlegend_17.png

If Will Smith could do successfully navigate NYC in that, I'm sure any 4x4 would be capable of grander undertakings.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
driving this vehicle is your guarantee that all pursuing cars will launch into the air, roll over and burst into flames
ateam1.jpg

teotwaki

Excelsior!
So back on topic, I found some pictures of someone using a winch to pull some logs across a ditch to build a quick bridge

bridge006.JPG

bridge007.JPG

So some sort of winching capability looks like a must have for the bug out vehicle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94