Beach pictures of my new tires... and things

DoWorkSon

Gents,

I have been a sporadic poster, but felt like updating everyone on the state of my H3. I am going on my first big trip, from Fernandina Beach, FL to Yellowstone, by way of as many off road parks, trails, and interesting sites as possible. I have 23 days for the journey, from 25 May to 17 June. Thats probably 23 days :sombrero:

So I've been getting my truck where it needs to be. Camping gear is all set, recovery gear (straps, hilift, shackles, et cetera) is all set. I have 7 gallons of water storage, and a reasonable assortment of tools. Am I forgetting something?!

I have added, since getting the vehicle: sliders, 255/85/16 BFG KM2's, rack on the back, mats, and quite a few good washes. I think it is where it needs to be for my journey.

Enjoy my gratuituous pictures, and let me know if you have advice/feedback/recommendations

I almost forgot, I'll be participating in the 2012 Crawl for Christ in Moab, June 6 - 9... I've never been on a rally/group trail ride before, I'm pumped. Check it out at http://www.crawl4christ.com.

0001.jpg0002.jpg0005.jpg0007.jpg0004.jpg0006.jpg

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Looks good with the new tires on it. I wish I could have made it to Moab for C4C, but my wife and I are going to Hawaii on those dates. Poor me........

DoWorkSon

I will not shed a tear :) Hawaii is a wonderful place.

I am very happy thus far (500 miles, ha!) with my new tires. I went with the 255's instead of 315's because 1) - 315's are HUGE and I would never trust my front-end components with them and 2) 255's are a cool size. I haven't ever seen another h3 with them.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Looks great, and good luck on the trip. A word of advice with the KM2s- air down, especially on the sand. The tall skinny works great out west and in mud, but remember your footprint is narrow, hence the air down to increase said footprint in the sand and on the rocks out Moab way. 20psi is very safe, and 15psi most likely not an issue. Below that I would recommend some sort of beadlock like Stauns, etc.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Very nice! I was thinking the things...........would be in bikini's
I like the tires, tall and thin.
Have a blast on the trip.

work_truck

How do you like the skinny tires? Looking to do the same (255/80/17 though) setup on my Suburban but it is hard finding people with larger vehicles that have gone this route. Thanks!

Spencinator

Adventurer
Ive always liked the h3s. Ill be following on this one! If they offered the h3 with a diesel in the U.S. I'd probably be getting one right now. Keep up the good work!

DoWorkSon

what is on your spare tire? Mount???

Yes, it is a mount for the highlift and a jerry can. It was made for a jeep wrangler (bolt pattern), but that was easily fixed with a drill and a few measurements. So far it has worked out really well, been on many rough roads without any rattles or squeaks.

0008.jpg0009.jpg

I didn't want a roof rack, as it would RUIN my aerodynamics (laughable), so this was my solution to bring the hilift and some additional gas.

Unrelated, but all the vehicles in your signature sound awesome.

DoWorkSon

Thanks for the positive words, everyone. I'm very excited for the trip...should be a blast. I'll be bringing my navigator/girlfriend, who is a shockingly good photographer, so the pictures should be great.

I like the tires a lot. I've done some sand and mud, and so far I am very pleased with their performance. I'll be able to give a better report by the end of my trip.

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Glad to hear she is a good photographer, but can she navigate? I only ask this because once a long time ago I handed my wife a map...............

MedicalCowboy

Adventurer
HAHA saiyan that's hilarious :p I also did that once, and here is the response I got... What is this? I have an Iphone! And then the map was ripped :eek: At first I was surprised then applauded my wife all the way home lol Goodness, memories :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz