Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USA Made Snatch Block

We are the towing company; if you check out our website www.baileystowinginc.com. The last page is about our towing company that was just sold.

Does anybody really know the AxeAngel who posted above; says he is a expedition leader but he is not posted as one on this site......

Quote Originally Posted by BTAI View Post
    Does anybody really know the AxeAngel who posted above; says he is a expedition leader but he is not posted as one on this site......
    I believe that changes with the number of posts you make on this site.
    Last edited by bfdiesel; 05-09-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    1993 F350 Crew Cab Long Bed 7.3 IDI 5 speed 4x4. Currently stock except for the 255/85R16's.
    1983 GMC 6.2L Suburban with sm465/np205 with 1 ton axles, crossover steering, 52" front springs, and rear shackle flip. Has 285/70r17 STT's on H2 rims.
    1996 GMC Suburban K2500 6.5TD 4L80E
    -Running Biodiesel
    1965 2WD F100 7.5L with C6.
    1967 mustang coupe project on hold waiting for a garage or shop.
    1979 CX500 putt arounder.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAI View Post
    Our Bailey's Snatch Block is made for synthetic rope too!

The 4” steel sheave is machined to a smooth finish for use with synthetic winchlines and cable up to 7/16”. A self-lubricating bronze bushing is pressed into the sheave for maintenance free use. The design of the laser cut side plates allows you to rig the block in seconds and utilize the large opening for a variety of rigging options. All steel parts have corrosion resistant zinc plating. Specifics: 9,000 lb. WLL (4:1 Design Factor), 41,000 lb. Breaking Strength, Up to 7/16”, 7.35 lbs

Our block comes with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee; if you aren't happy we will make it right!

Our block is $69.99 for one and $63.99 each if four or more are purchased, plus shipping and taxes if applicable (NC Only). We can ship the block Postal, anywhere in the US for $10 with insurance.

I would love to get our block in your hands; like I said it's guaranteed for your approval.

Call us at 919-562-2984
    It's hard yo tell from the pics on your site but is the wheel larger or roughly the same size as say a Warn snatch block? Also the guides are not just chamfered edges on the ARB and the wheel is a bit larger diameter. If your snatch blocks wheel was larger than the standard ones I'd pick it up if I ever needed another one. You guys have had some pretty good ideas come out to the market. It's too bad people don't do a little more research before bad mouthing a company, but it's good to see you ask them to contact you about it and not just let it ride. If I ever need a tow in NC, or some more equipment I'll give you guys a call.

There are so many different snatch blocks out there that I can't just say, yes or no. Our sheave is 4 inches and machined; most sheaves you find will be cast. Our sheave/block can handle up to 7/16 cable and/or synthetic rope.

A suggestions we always tell customers when comparing snatch blocks is to look at the quality and check out the design (testing) ratio. Because we are using a design ratio of 4:1 we can only rate at 9,000 pounds. But your breaking strength is 41,000 lb. You can use different design ratio's to make that rating a larger number. There is no standard for what ratio you use regarding a snatch block. We used the 4:1 ratio because it is the industry standard (commerical) for chains, etc.

Thanks for your feedback!

If you are ever in the market for another block; give us a try! We won't let you down. And if we do (we won't) we will make it right! We are old school when it comes to customer satisfaction. I've been working long to keep Bailey's a positive name.

Susan Bailey

Have you ever tried to remove a circlip in the freezing cold with wet hands and mud up to your waist; especially when the synthetic line is jammed in the sheeve?

Try it and then change the circlip to an R clip

Liking the oil impregnated bronze bush though
    M6IRL

Done a bit...

Understand your thoughts and appreciate your suggestion.

We designed our snatch block so the side plates fit snug against the sheave eliminating the play between the side plates and sheave. We don't anticipate any dismantle being done to continue its use during a pull. So taking it apart during a recovery I can see your concern. The only dismantle we foresee with our product is just a simple clean if needed; after a recovery.

When synthetic rope gets a little tired it starts to 'fluff'; as the threads are so damn strong it only needs the tiniest gap to 'snag' a thread and then pull in a load more. This happens with ALL snatchblocks even the hi quality machined ones - can't be avoided in Real World Situations. Hence the need to be able to field strip a the block...
    Happy to show you but you live in the wrong country (-:
    M6IRL

Done a bit...

I'm still trying to figure out how Bailey's towing is allowed to pimp out their products without paying for vendor status? Strange to me. I can understand maybe having a link to your site in your signature, but starting threads about your product when you are not a paying vendor is not cool, IMHO.
    2004 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD Long Bed 4x4 - Project Land Mass
    Project Land Mass

Quote Originally Posted by poriggity View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how Bailey's towing is allowed to pimp out their products without paying for vendor status? Strange to me. I can understand maybe having a link to your site in your signature, but starting threads about your product when you are not a paying vendor is not cool, IMHO.
    I was thinkin' the same thing...
    '92 Cummins Ram - Super sexy build thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12