A sister for my M101A2

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
The data plate reads 116A2 with modified springs, There are a couple more braces and cross members where the
Generators were mounted. I have listed all the take off parts on Steel Soldiers and should make some good money for building.
Removed the surge lunette and have it sold. That thing weighs about 70 pounds alone.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I have been kicking around some concepts, I like the woody and house car look,
it is whimsical and not seen around Pa. I have several friends that ate into wood working and construction.
I have an associates degree in cabinet making that has not been put to proper use.

Some ideas........................

Attachments

• 47dodgebus-teardrop.jpg
    47dodgebus-teardrop.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 16
  • CouteSide1.jpg
    CouteSide1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Barrys07Wazat.jpg
    Barrys07Wazat.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 17
  • mlkitchen.jpg
    mlkitchen.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20_ford_rvconversion.jpg
    20_ford_rvconversion.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 697

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Sold the Surge Lunette today, Headed to Alaska.
I was shocked that for the 50 pound package it was only $54.00 insured.
Sometimes the USPS surprises me. It was $136.00 UPS business $206.00 home.

I welded the channel to the tongue mount today, shortened the mount and sand blasted the CARC off.
I am removing the brake system too.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I am keeping the original landing leg, It is stout and works well.
I found anouther Black widdow spider in the wheel "the size of a half dollar"
Still working on the RED trailer too!

Attachments

• DSC06612.jpg
    DSC06612.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC06613.jpg
    DSC06613.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 24

Bigbendhiker

Teardrop / Woody?

Great score on the trailer! :Wow1:

You realize if you build that into a teardrop like the ones you pictured, you will have the stoutest frame on a teardrop on the planet. You will also create another project for yourself.......you will have to buy / build a Woody for a tv. :sombrero:

DonBeasley

Adventurer
Mark:

You have got to stay off ebay! You are becoming addicted!!!

Great find and I will enjoy watching the build.

BTW Just back from EXPO. It was great.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Don:

It is my favorite store, Shopping in the Pittsburgh area for cool items is non existant.
The off road shops are 10 years behind the camping stores have no clue of what is current.
and when I went into GANDER MOUNTAIN to ask if they sold roof top tents they asked me what it was!

Ebay is my source for items, I do sell too!
ebay seller Kayteejane feedback 1735 positive.

It helps with the bills and gives me a little spending money "usually never makes it far from ebay"

DonBeasley

Adventurer
Mark:

Texas isn't much better. While building the trailer, lid and mounting the RTT, the project became a neighborhood watch program. I had people doing their nightly walks, kids of all ages, and of course all the neighbor guys, hanging out, asking questions, and drinking all of my beer in the garage refrig. It has been quite enjoyable to see the faces of people when we tell them we are sleeping on top of the trailer.

Just got back from OX12 and on Monday was cleaning, unpacking and airing out. I had to give trip reports to at least half a dozen folks who I think were surprized that my son and I made it back alive. Last night I had a neighbor tell me that he saw a trailer with one of those "rooftop tent things" for sale by the side of the road in town. He seemed quite pleased that he could identify what one was. I on the other hand am going to see where it is and how much.

Like you, ebay and craigslist is where I start. The small shops around here know about this hobby but Bass Pro, Gander Mountain and Cabelas do not have a clue.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Tear down complete!

Tear down complete, Every nut, bolt, screw and piece of hardware adding weight and not useful was removed.
The surge brake system went to Alaska, Brakes to Kentucky, wheels to New Mexico, all other parts are listed on ebay.

With the sale of scrap metal and the removed parts the trailer was cost me nothing.
and I made enough to buy rims, safety cables, a hitch channel, 7 pin plug, taillights, and paint.
Thank You Steel Soldier buyers and my favorite store EBAY!

The brake assembly was in like new condition, The military vehicle pool must have rebuilt it before it was sold.
New bearings, grease, castle nuts, and cotter pins were inside the hubs. Now ready for the road.
Some wire brushing, primer and gloss black paint are next.

Attachments

• DSC06621.jpg
    DSC06621.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC06617.jpg
    DSC06617.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC06618.jpg
    DSC06618.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC06619.jpg
    DSC06619.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC06620.jpg
    DSC06620.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 21

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Rain and storms are keeping work from happening.
I received the wheel spacers, 7 pin plug, matching wheels, safety cables and I am waiting for a coupon for paint.
I am thinking gloss black but I am swaying towards red camo.

If the weather clears I will sand, wire brush and prime the metal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior