Nemo Helio Pressure Shower

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I have one. We really like it. It's much better made than anticipated. It collapses easily and is very compact. The water flow is gentle, but very well regulated between pressure verses conservation. Mine did not heat up much in the sun, but it was easy to heat the water on a stove and pour it in. It did stay warm pretty well once heated.

The foot pump works great, and quickly reaches working pressure with just a few pumps, and does not require you to keep pumping when washing your hair or whatever.

My only "complaint" is that the strap over the top somewhat obstructs the inlet for pouring water into it. A little longer strap would allow you to push it off center an inch or two to clear the inlet without wishing you had a couple extra fingers to hold it out of the way.

Ranchero

Wanderer
I'll echo nwoods. I've used one on a few trips now - 8-10 or so showers. Compact, easy to use. Doesn't heat up much sitting in the sun for a few hours. Much better than a solar shower bag. Easy to fill with a bit of warm water from the stove.

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
I appreciate the reviews posted in this thread. It seems like a simple compact product that works.

Gaidheal

Observer
My shower setup is a pepsi keg (extra from my homebrew stuff) with a schrader valve for the air inlet (can use any normal air input - compressor, foot pump, etc) and a sink sprayer with extra hose on the output.

Heat water, dump it in, pump it up and enjoy. Doubt I have $50 into it and it's rugged as hell. Weighs very little and if space is at a premium, you can stuff it with 19 litres of soft stuff for transit.

Also - if ever I upgrade/change direction the keg will always be worth what I paid for it so I will never be out more than the cost of the filler valve, hose and sprayer. So $15 after years of awesome showers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior