Nemo Helio Pressure Shower

haven

Expedition Leader
Nemo just introduced a nifty pressurized shower system.

Helio-pressure-shower.jpg

The Helio Pressure Shower should be available in June, price about $100. I expect you'll be able to see these at the Overland Expo next week.

When filled with water, the shower holds 2.9 gallons / 11 liters of water. The grey reservoir helps the sun warm the water. When it's time to wash, a foot pump creates pressure for a fine spray that lasts for 5 to 7 minutes.

In addition to helping with daily ablutions, the shower might be used to help wash the dishes, spray the dirty windshield, rinse off your feet after time on the beach, or for epic water fights.

When empty, the Helio Pressure Shower folds up into a 14 x 22 cm / 5.5 x 8.5 in cylindrical storage sack. Open, the shower is 43 cm / 17 in long

kb7our

Explorer
Love the ingenuity and non-traditional (no metal can or hand pump) approach! Must be well seamed to hold pressure necessary to get a decent shower. Looking forward to the first series of reviews.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
Interesting idea I suppose if you have a severe space constraint.

However, for about 9 bucks there is always this option:

029925301610xl.jpg

You can easily attach whatever type of spray head you want. BTW, I'd also observe that the spray head on the Nemo will be great for showering, but will waste a lot of water for dish washing.

huskyfargo

Adventurer
I have one that I got with some Amazon gift cards, but I haven't really used it yet. The construction is more sturdy than I expected. The pressure seems to be pretty good and constant. It should heat up fairly well in the sun. I like the fact that it is very compact and lightweight. It's NOT meant to be hung up, but to be free-standing. The directions specify that the handle will not hold with it hanging. It's probably not worth $100...probably not even $75. I never would have gotten it if I didn't have the gift cards to use, but since I did, I'm happy with it knowing that I'm not really out any cash.

Salue

Adventurer
I have had mine for a month now. While I already have a hard mounted hot water system(R&M kit) on my Cruiser, I do like the simplicity of this kit. The only negative I can think about is after you're done using it, it's difficult to empty the little bit of remaining water in the system as the spout where you would pour the water out has a lip on the inside. I could see myself using this more than my hard mount kit because it saves on water and is simpler.

highdesertranger

Adventurer
whats wrong with the garden sprayer. i know 2 guys that use them. just put whatever end you want on them they work great, add some hot water and you got a warm shower. highdesertranger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier