Filterheads.com

duanewhatley

Just wanted to share my experience with filterheads.com. I ordered and received a kit for my wife's wj. Shipping was fast, got it in two days. Was well packaged in a boxed labeled fragile, even though ups smashed it on one end everything was intact. When I installed it I noticed that the lid that holds the filter in was loose and didn't even line up with the tabs that secure it, it just flops around. So emailed filterheads.com and explained the problem, this is what I received in return;

Duane,

The OE housing from the dealer (that we copied exactly) has the same design
flaw. *All of our housings are like this. *The cover will not fall off due
to the cowling that goes back over the housing.

Thanks,
David Carter
Quality/ Customer Service - Filters
FilterHeads.com
804-525-1438 direct line
804-545-6998 fax

I for one refuse to do business with a company that knowingly markets a flawed product.

BobA

Adventurer
So the cover wont fall of and they are happy with it being loose? Wow?? Will they give you a refund and pay return postage? If not I'd post this to every offroad website known to man as well as Better business bureau. As well as being on the phone with them everyday until they resolved the issue

wjeeper

Before I would spam other sites with this I would recomend taking some pics since they speak a thousand words..............

I replaced one in a friends 2004 Grand Chrerokee and only paid like $10-15 for a new one at the local dealership. If memory serves me the set up in her jeep fit a bit loose and was OEM (my 2002 WJ did not come with a cabin air filter) No offence but sometimes spending a few extra bucks with a vendor that has a good reputation is more than worth more than its weight in gold........looking at filterheads I would say i would probably not have ordered from them.....never heard of them and their site doesen't exactly inspire confidence.........buying from a no name company, I would expect less than stellar results

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles