trail ready disco II build up

bullcrew

Observer
Had nothing catchy for the title, sorry lol.....

Started its life off with me 5 months ago in bad shape and i got completely screwed by previous owner.

Anyhow I don't like negativity so off to the start of moving forward, did alot of work right away.
-headgaskets, valley pan gasket, Plenum gaskey, exhaust manifold gasket, valve seals, head bolts, valve cover gaskets, updated radiator hose, rebulit front driveshaft regreasable, flushed radiator refilled, flushed power steering and went synthetic, flushed brakes and went synthetic, flushed transmission and swapped in new filter went synthetic, synthetic oil, synthetic diff fluids and transfer case, STI plug wires, denso plugs, new air filter, new idle control valve, new o2 sensors, new y-pipe and cats, new ecu, new gauge cluster (previous owner smashed check engine light), akybono brakes

Now there's more maintenance done as well just can't remember off the top of my head but it gives you a idea of the situation.

Now came modifications: Detroit rear locker, Detroit true trac in front, Ashcroft HD axles front and rear, terra firm a 3" lift with d2 rear spring perch and 1" front block spacer (4" lift), rear flex disc elimination driveshaft, front regreasable driveshaft, terrafirma +2" shocks, terrafirma steering stabalizer shock, CDL, tactical rovers front bumper, tactical rovers rear bumper, tactical rovers sliders, QT diff guards, crowne performance red stainless steel brake lines +3" on all four corners, duratracs 275/65/18 e-rated tires (32.2x10.4) after market HD ladder and some more small stuff

So far its been to Blythe California, Wiley wells and the desert invetween, Holcomb creek, wildomar ohv area and to be able to just go and not sweat stacking or picking a go round line on stuff is great.... there obviously is limits l,e extreme rock crawling but that's a different type of rig anywase. Been in mud, snow and desert all of which it has been amazing snow/ice is a bit of a quirk with lockers

p4pb8104552.jpg

p4pb8104555.jpg

p4pb8104566.jpg

p4pb8104557.jpg

Following Eric from tactical Rovers on the inside left line
p4pb8089486.jpg

p4pb8099134.jpg

p4pb8093956.jpg

p4pb8088886.jpg

p4pb8016413.jpg

p4pb7997725.jpg

Detroit for rear and QT diff guard
p4pb7921467.jpg

Truetrac on right going in front
p4pb7935212.jpg

Ashcroft axles
p4pb8071588.jpg

Ashcroft axle getting ready to get swapped in the back
p4pb8074077.jpg

Last edited:

jhawk

Adventurer
Nice rig. How do you like the Tactical rover sliders? They've been tempting me for a bit. I love the way they look by following the shape of the truck, just not sure about the protection.

Jim

bullcrew

Observer
Black steelies and 35$ will be on soon enough and the sliders are amazing. Not because I paid for them but I chose them based on the facts.1- they are a solid 1 piece design from side bottom and other side of the sill so no weak links they have square pieces that stick up underneath the sill to make added contact and they run the entire length of the sill for more support and no stress risers where it ends and digs into sill.

Hands down best design for a slider and a discovery given the sill is a weak link and no way to weld a frame mounted version. I slid these over several rocks as well as wet muddy tires sld off the rocks a few times and i landed down hard on tje rocks on em. Just got a foot on the skinny pedal and powered up and over draghing the slders along.

You can see the pads that stick up and make added contact with the recessed underneath of the sill as well as how its a 1 piece design to cradel the sill for strength and it cradels ot from front to back complete.
p4pb8016419.jpg

p4pb8008122.jpg

p4pb8008129.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles