Online Photo Sharing Recommendations?

just eric

Adventurer
I'm looking for an online photo-sharing site to upload my photos and videos to. I'm looking for something secure that I can store my stuff on that I can also use to upload photos to sites like this one. What do you recommend?

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
I've been using Smugmug for a few years. It's not free, but unlike some other sites they don't shrink or limit image file size, so the image quality seems to be better.

Frank

Explorer
If I didn't have thousands of pictures on flickr, I would be on smug.

Right now, I have an outstanding balance on flickr but can't resolve it due to the way the billing is set up and flickr does not have a customer service number I can call.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I use several sites.

Webshots is what I use primarily for sharing jpg's but I also use Picassa & Flickr for regular pics and if I need to upload an animated gif then I use Photobucket.

I rarely upload video's but Photobucket supports that as well if needed.

Oh, these are all free services fwiw.:ylsmoke:

JackW

Explorer
Photobucket sucks -

Smugmug rocks - plus you can get a $5 discount if you use this code sLLIYcdNcsg8Q in the coupon field.

Smugmug is used by a lot of my friends who are professional photographers and the big file size is a great benefit. I've got over 10,400 photos in 55GB of files on smugmug. www.solaros1.smugmug.com

Smugmug is also a product of the guy who hosts ADV rider and some of the revenue goes to support that great web site - the ride reports on ADV will keep you entertained for hours.

4xdog

Explorer
Good choice. SmugMug works beautifully for me. The addon to Windows to give right-click SmugMug uploading is extremely useful. The SmugMug tech service people have been very helpful over the years, and upgrades are legitimate improvements. Nice iPad app, too.

Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94