Warn Wireless winch controller

I just got finished installing my controller about an hour ago and thought I'd share a little. I've got a M8000 on my Discovery and I've been wanting to get the wireless remote for it for awhile now. I've read all kinda mixed reviews on them online, mostly people worried about the delay. I didn't notice any extra delay time compared to the wired controller. The other thing is I couldn't find any really good descriptions of how to wire it up. As it turns out it just plugs into the port just like the hand controller. I didn't like that so I hard wired mine into the control pack. Now I can use the wireless anytime and just have to hit the buttons, or I can just plug in the wired controller if I need to. No wire connections dangling anywhere. If you look at the plug on the contractor control you'll see it's a 5 pin setup, but the wireless plug that goes into has 6 pins. On mine all the colors matched up except the white, that one was orange on the wireless controller. So I spliced them into the contractor control and now it's all working perfectly. Here's a couple of pictures of the wiring.
d1f86d11-7176-5363.jpg

The led must have messed with the colors the yellow looking one is actually orange, and the red is connected to a red.
d1f86d11-71db-bd9c.jpg

Here you can see the white wire that is not being used from the wireless controller. I'll take a picture of it finished tomorrow when I get time. As everyone here knows hopefully options are your best friend when it comes to recovery. All in all I'm very happy with the initial impressions of the controller.

Here's a shot of the controller finished you'd never think of it having the wireless controller. The receiver is up top behind the plastic grill cover.
d1f86d11-0bc6-0efa.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94