Hitch mounted spare tire carrier like a Tiregate

austintaco

Explorer
SOLD locally on Craigslist!
I am going to go a different direction with my rear bumper. I bought this off of Craigslist, so I don't have the full history of it. The person I bought it from, had a local welder in OK put this together. It is very stout.
The bolt pattern is for a Toyota or Chevy 6 lug, and there is room to add some other stuff just like you would on a Tiregate brand carrier.

What I liked about it: I could use it on either of my trucks, but I could pull it off when not in use.

What I don't like about it: On my 4runner, the hitch is right below the tailgate, built into the bumper. I couldn't open my tailgate with it installed. If you have a receiver hitch below the bumper it will work fine.

It's been collecting dust, saw dust in the photo, and I am just going to go a different route. I thought about cutting it up, but that seemed like a waste of a good thing.

4b01eddc.jpg

I am in Austin, TX and I prefer local pick up. I might be heading toward Dallas soon, and I could deliver it there if that trip happens. $180 and it's yours.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne